PDA

View Full Version : Start Tim, End Time when adding an event in calender

Seagrave
02-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi when I try to add an event in the calender the start time and end time are not editable. I have I have downloaded DejaOffice to two 3G Iphones from Itunes and I am experiencing the same problem with each. The OS is current 4.
Any suggestions please?

Thomas
02-07-2011, 12:45 PM
I have noticed on some 3G devices running IOS 4.x that they can run slowly. (Especislly the iPhone 3g 8GB devices.)
That can produce touch screen response delays throughout the iPhone and on DejaOffice.
I would suggest firmly tapping the field you want to edit and then wait. :(
I wish I had better advice, however Many 3G devices running iOS 4.x have this problem. It does not seem to be specific to DejaOffice.

Seagrave
02-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I have noticed on some 3G devices running IOS 4.x that they can run slowly. (Especislly the iPhone 3g 8GB devices.)
That can produce touch screen response delays throughout the iPhone and on DejaOffice.
I would suggest firmly tapping the field you want to edit and then wait. :(
I wish I had better advice, however Many 3G devices running iOS 4.x have this problem. It does not seem to be specific to DejaOffice.
Hi Thomas.
The fields for the start time and end time are not shown as editable. ie title in black not blue as it is for the date field. I cannot get the time "barrel" to appear.

Thomas
02-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi Thomas.
The fields for the start time and end time are not shown as editable. ie title in black not blue as it is for the date field. I cannot get the time "barrel" to appear.

Seagrave,

I see what you are talking about. I got this to work 2 ways.
1. Tap the actual time listed, not the "Start Time" and "End Time" fields.
2. Tap the all day button and then unselect all day button. The fields become editable after this.
Sorry of rthe inconvenience on this. I am reporting this problem to the dev team immediately.

Thank you so much for pointing this out.

JKM
03-05-2011, 06:16 AM
THOMAS

I just loaded Deja Office to my i phone 4 and Companion Link to my lap top to sync my palm tx contacts, calendar and memos to the i phone. It worked great everything is on my i phone now. However I have the same issue as Seagrave, tried workarounds 1 & 2 as in the 2-8 post above, they didn't help. I can however edit the start and end time fields by tapping the actual time field only via the keypad. This is not what I hoped for. Is there another way to get the time wheel to work for this? Any help is appreciated.

Thomas
03-07-2011, 07:57 AM
THOMAS

I just loaded Deja Office to my i phone 4 and Companion Link to my lap top to sync my palm tx contacts, calendar and memos to the i phone. It worked great everything is on my i phone now. However I have the same issue as Seagrave, tried workarounds 1 & 2 as in the 2-8 post above, they didn't help. I can however edit the start and end time fields by tapping the actual time field only via the keypad. This is not what I hoped for. Is there another way to get the time wheel to work for this? Any help is appreciated.

JKM.

I see what you are talking about. I agree we need a fix for this. We just rolled out a new Date/Time picker on the Android side. Our goal is to do the same on iOS. It always takes a little more time on iOS because the platform is not as open as the Android side. (Not a complaint! I own an iPhone as my personal device.) The answer to your question is yes we want to put in an entirely new way of selecting dates and times. We will be working on this. Apologies for any inconvenience in the mean time.

JKM
03-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Thomas

Thank You

Looking forward to the fix.