PDA

View Full Version : Outlook subfolders support

Sjaak Hendriks
02-06-2011, 01:27 AM
I've over 8000 contacts in Outlook and I want to select which contacts to sync.
As 10+ years Palm user and happy user of KeySuite I could select which subfolders I would sync and which not.
Just today my first tries with syncing with DejaOffice with CompanionLink between Outlook 2007 and HTC Desire HD and I found that the first contacts subfolder I'd added in Outlook was all flattened in DejaOffice contacts.
I've the 7000+ contacts put in an archive outlook file, but I want them to move back to the active outlook file. I'm afraid I will cause a problem, so pending a solution from DejaOffice (and maybe also required to support by CompanionLink?).
Hope the feature will be added soon! Thanks.

Thomas
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I've over 8000 contacts in Outlook and I want to select which contacts to sync.
As 10+ years Palm user and happy user of KeySuite I could select which subfolders I would sync and which not.
Just today my first tries with syncing with DejaOffice with CompanionLink between Outlook 2007 and HTC Desire HD and I found that the first contacts subfolder I'd added in Outlook was all flattened in DejaOffice contacts.
I've the 7000+ contacts put in an archive outlook file, but I want them to move back to the active outlook file. I'm afraid I will cause a problem, so pending a solution from DejaOffice (and maybe also required to support by CompanionLink?).
Hope the feature will be added soon! Thanks.

Hi Sjaak
I see three separate points made here so I will address them in order.
Point 1:
CompanionLink does not have an option to pick and choose Outlook folders. The best thing to do is create a new folder called "DejaOffice" or "Sync" and then place each contact folder you want to sync under the "sync" folder. Make sure to to select the "DejaOffice" folder in CL, and check the sub-folders option.

Point 2:
-Clarification on "flattened"
"first contacts subfolder I'd added in Outlook was all flattened in DejaOffice contact"
-Are you wanting the contact folder names to come into DJO as a category? DJO and CL use OL categories, not contact folder names.

Point 3:
You said - "I've the 7000+ contacts put in an archive outlook file, but I want them to move back to the active outlook file. I'm afraid I will cause a problem, so pending a solution from DejaOffice (and maybe also required to support by CompanionLink?).
Is this a different database than the 8000 contacts you mentioned first?
You should be able to add contacts from an archive folder to the "active" folder in CompanionLink and Sync these as well.
You can also contact CompanionLink support @
http://www.companionlink.com/support/

I hope this helps.

cam1878
08-15-2012, 08:03 AM
DJO and CL use OL categories, not contact folder names.

Has this changed in the last year since this post?

I am looking to use this program however I want to be able to view/organize my contacts by outlook contact subfolders, not categories.

I have many project folders and sort contacts between them where the same contact may appear in two or more projects.

It's for Android on a Galaxy S III.

Thanks

Thomas
08-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Has this changed in the last year since this post?

I am looking to use this program however I want to be able to view/organize my contacts by outlook contact subfolders, not categories.

I have many project folders and sort contacts between them where the same contact may appear in two or more projects.

It's for Android on a Galaxy S III.

Thanks

Cam,

DejaOffice does not display folder detail information in the Contact List. The only work around I could suggest is to Create a unique category in Outlook that matches the name of the sub folder and add the appropriate category to each individual record in Outlook.

That would allow DejaOffice to sort and group the Contacts the way you would need them.

cam1878
08-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Since I use categories for other reasons already, can I set it to sync all contacts however only display certain categories in the list view?

That way only the new "subfolder" categories would show up rather than all of the other existing categories as well.

Thomas
08-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Since I use categories for other reasons already, can I set it to sync all contacts however only display certain categories in the list view?

That way only the new "subfolder" categories would show up rather than all of the other existing categories as well.

Cam,

Yes. You can filter by category in the DejaContacts list view. DejaCOntacts can also support individual records with multiple Categories.