PDA

View Full Version : Are address/phone syncs positional or nominal?

tbessie
06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi again...

So I'm syncing with Palm Desktop, and it allows up to 7 (I think) contact fields (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.). They are all labeled, but they are also positional.

The same goes for addresses ("Home, Work, Other") - they are named, but they are also positional.

Does Palm Desktop with CompanionLink and DejaOffice sync these fields in a purely positional manner, purely nominal, or a combination of them both (and if so, how?)

Thanks! This has always been an issue with syncing with Palm Desktop in a lot of different syncing packages, so I'm curious.

- Tim

Eric
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi Tim. You'll notice that if you sync a Palm Desktop contact to DejaOffice, the contact fields (like the phone fields) will sync both nominally and positionally. That is, you'll see them listed with the appropriate field names, in the order that they appear in Palm Desktop. So, if you have a contact in Palm Desktop with a work number, a home number, then another work number, it will be listed in DejaOffice in that order: work, home, work.

tbessie
06-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi Tim. You'll notice that if you sync a Palm Desktop contact to DejaOffice, the contact fields (like the phone fields) will sync both nominally and positionally. That is, you'll see them listed with the appropriate field names, in the order that they appear in Palm Desktop. So, if you have a contact in Palm Desktop with a work number, a home number, then another work number, it will be listed in DejaOffice in that order: work, home, work.

Thanks much, Eric!

I think I need to read up on the details of Palm, Outlook and Android native database formats so I understand it more completely.
That way I won't bother you with unnecessary questions. :-)

- Tim