PDA

View Full Version : DejaNotepad Display

MartySantic
02-15-2011, 12:14 PM
This morning started having a problem with the DejaNotePad display. ALL of the lines on the opening (summary) display are "scrunched" together making them unreadable.

I have deleted the DejaOffice app from iTunes, synced the iPhone4 to delete, and reloaded the DejaOffice app from the app store. Resynched, and reloaded all tasks and notes from Outlook via CL Wi-Fi Sync using the purge option.

The opening DejaNotePad display is still unreadable. If I select an item on the summary display, the item opens and the text is displayed normally.

Looking for a solution.

Was going to purchase CompanionLink, BUT, need to solve this issue first.

Thomas
02-15-2011, 12:42 PM
This morning started having a problem with the DejaNotePad display. ALL of the lines on the opening (summary) display are "scrunched" together making them unreadable.

I have deleted the DejaOffice app from iTunes, synced the iPhone4 to delete, and reloaded the DejaOffice app from the app store. Resynched, and reloaded all tasks and notes from Outlook via CL Wi-Fi Sync using the purge option.

The opening DejaNotePad display is still unreadable. If I select an item on the summary display, the item opens and the text is displayed normally.

Looking for a solution.

Was going to purchase CompanionLink, BUT, need to solve this issue first.

Hi Marty,

Sorry for the trouble. Simplest possible solution first.
Open DejaNotepad.
Tap the DejaNotepad button at the top of the screen and adjust the size options.
If you have already done this, or if it does not solve your problem keep us posted.

Thanks

Thomas

MartySantic
02-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes, I have tried all 3 text size options. The text size changes but the lines are bunched together. It is like the spacing between each line was reduced by a factor of ten. I will send a photo of the display.

It does not matter if I go into the Notepad options and choose the normal, business or micro size for the text. The text size changes, but, the lines remain scrunched together.

If I select an item on the Notepad screen it opens, and displays the single item normally.

MartySantic
02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Here is a link to a screenshot of the display.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yCO2k5JTZpEoKapSqTpWSwMX9illigEyWoYPT24vNSI?feat=d irectlink

I am using v 1.1.7 Was it released today?

MartySantic
02-15-2011, 04:13 PM
I deleted v1.1.7 and reloaded v1.1.6 and the DejaNotePad is working again. There is a problem with v1.1.7.

Thomas
02-15-2011, 04:35 PM
I deleted v1.1.7 and reloaded v1.1.6 and the DejaNotePad is working again. There is a problem with v1.1.7.

Marty,

Thanks for info. I have passed this up to the Dev team and we are looking into it.
1.1.7 was released yesterday.
So if you are the curious type, you can try to go back to 1.1.7 and then do a Purge and Reload in CompanionLink, then sync.
Don't bother if you have already tried it once.
It looks like you have though. The purge and reload usually fixes these kinds of issues.

I hope you are enjoying your Verizon iPhone. :)
I love mine!

MartySantic
02-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I did a purge and reload before reloading v1.1.6. Still had the display problem using v1.1.7.

Thomas
02-16-2011, 07:44 AM
I did a purge and reload before reloading v1.1.6. Still had the display problem using v1.1.7.

We were able to reproduce this behavior intermittently on 1.1.7. It is definitely not common based on our test efforts. I will inform you when we have a fix for this.

Thomas
02-16-2011, 10:23 AM

So we discovered what is triggering this behavior. In 1.1.7 if you have DejaTasks set to the Business Size or Micro Size view, then the DejaNotepad display is affected in the way you have reported.
We have put this on the fix list for the next build. The work around for now is to set the DejaTasks view setting to normal.

MartySantic
02-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks Thomas!! Will wait for v1.1.8. BUT, will NOW buy Companion Link (trial is just about over). Your attention to looking into issues such as mine impresses me. Keep up the good work!

Thomas
02-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks Thomas!! Will wait for v1.1.8. BUT, will NOW buy Companion Link (trial is just about over). Your attention to looking into issues such as mine impresses me. Keep up the good work!

Marty,

Welcome to the CompanionLink family. It is our pleasure to help out.

chetriess
04-02-2011, 08:13 AM
If you can test with an external display thatll be good, Im sure there wont be a line there. Usually a line like that means your display is broken.