PDA

View Full Version : Common Questions

Kaena
04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
At some point in the future, this post will be updated with the most frequently asked questions.

For now, many questions you may have are addressed in the Classroom, where you'll find a walkthrough guide for DejaOffice.

www.dejaoffice.com/classroom (http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom)

T-dawg
07-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Is this classroom going to be open for iPhone users soon?

Eric
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes, we plan to have the iPhone classroom finished soon (possibly in the next one to two weeks).

bry54
07-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Kaena-
From some of the Android posts I’ve read, some problems or issues encountered & leading to questions may be due to a specific handset or possibly the Android OS version running DJO. Some are able to do certain things with their handset while others are not. I am assuming it would be the same between Android and the iPhone OS.
Could I suggest you have a separate Common Questions sticky for the Android and for the iPhone forums.? Or break this section down into the two. Making it easier for each OS user to find help for their device.

lmsepulveda
07-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Love this application... For some reason I can't add/edit anything...Please need some help... :(
thanks

DJOCTO
07-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Love this application... For some reason I can't add/edit anything...Please need some help... :(
thanks

Is that for DejaCal, or also DejaContacts. You should be able to Long-Press and then add, and also hit the "+" button in the corner.

philkin
11-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Would you explain logging under General Settings. What does it do and why should I use it?
Also the choices Email Log and Log Android DB. I am using DejaOffice on Droid X.

Shane.nesbott
01-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I have the same problem. All ofmthe sudden i cannot add contacts or edit existing if i edit existing the changes do not save and i cannot add t all the plus button does not work, ever since the last update....

Thomas
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Shane - There was a bug in v. 1.1.4 that may be the cause of your issue. DJO v.1.1.5 is now available for download from the iTunes Store and should fix the problem.

chimayniac
03-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm brand new here; here is my first post. I just got a Droid 2 Global, and I want to sync with either MS Outlook 2010 or Palm desktop 6.2.2. First, any advice on which PC app to sync with? And, which DejaOffice product(s) will I need. I can probably figure out the second part, but it usually helps to ask around...

Thanks very much.

chimayniac
03-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Further details: I must return or keep the Droid 2 Global within the next few days. So, a prompt response will really help. Thanks again.

Thomas
03-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Further details: I must return or keep the Droid 2 Global within the next few days. So, a prompt response will really help. Thanks again.

You can try a demo version of either CompanionLink for Outlook or Palm Desktop.
This Link Might be helpful:
http://www.companionlink.com/products/

You can demo any of our for purchase products for up to 14 days.

chimayniac
03-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks very much, Thomas. I'll see if there are any posts about the better of Palm / Outlook, then try a beta. I hope to use DejaOffice to complete the sync tools. Any opinions about DejaOffice, even though it's not really a CompanionLink question?

Thanks again!

Thomas
03-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks very much, Thomas. I'll see if there are any posts about the better of Palm / Outlook, then try a beta. I hope to use DejaOffice to complete the sync tools. Any opinions about DejaOffice, even though it's not really a CompanionLink question?

Thanks again!

Hi Chimayniac,

Just to be clear. Companionlink Desktop SW and DejaOffice for Adnroid/iPhone are all designed programmed and supported by the same company and development team. This forum is DejaOffice specific, but questions regarding both products are welcome and encouraged. :)
Especially for users like yourself who will be using the two in tandem.

Syncing to Palm Desktop or Outlook is a personal decision. We have a lot of people doing both. Our vision here is that you pick your PIm and your Phone and we will provide a sync solution. That way you are not tied down by sync limitations.

I hope this information helps.

chimayniac
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks again! That will help a lot. The argument for Palm is that the Palm handset can be an emergency backup. The argument for Outlook is that it is maintained and updated, not to mention having "Help" services. We'll see what the popular opinion is.

Cheers to all.

RTraw
03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
I have a Motorola Droid X and I am in the process of falling in love with DejaOffice and my old Palm Desktop is on the verge of being let go. The only thing stopping me from totally ditching it is that there isn't a DejaOffice Desktop. Any plans or chance of that happening? I would gladly pay a few bucks for this. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep my Palm Desktop and Google contacts and DejaOffice all synced with each other.....not easy. LOL I am wondering one thing. Does DejaOffice pull info from Google contacts (like how my Droid automatically pulls it's contact info from my Google contacts).

Thanks,
Robyne

Thomas
03-24-2011, 08:03 AM
I have a Motorola Droid X and I am in the process of falling in love with DejaOffice and my old Palm Desktop is on the verge of being let go. The only thing stopping me from totally ditching it is that there isn't a DejaOffice Desktop. Any plans or chance of that happening? I would gladly pay a few bucks for this. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep my Palm Desktop and Google contacts and DejaOffice all synced with each other.....not easy. LOL I am wondering one thing. Does DejaOffice pull info from Google contacts (like how my Droid automatically pulls it's contact info from my Google contacts).

Thanks,
Robyne

Hi Robyn,

When it comes to your love for your new Droid I will advise you to embrace the power of and... :)
When you combine DejaOffice, with CompanionLink PC Desktop, you can keep your old Palm Desktop and sync everything right to your Android. :)

Let the love affair continue!

brjlk
04-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi Thomas,

Will Companionlink sync DejaOffice for Android with Palmdesktop on a Windows 7 PC?

Thanks
John

Thomas
04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Thomas,

Will Companionlink sync DejaOffice for Android with Palmdesktop on a Windows 7 PC?

Thanks
John

Hi John,

Yes it will. Just use the link below to enter your PIM and Phone info. We will recommend the appropriate CompanionLink Version that will support your configuration.

Enjoy!

brjlk
04-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks Thomas,

I will be getting my Android phone this week end, and the first thing I will do is to install Companionlink.

John

Thomas
04-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks Thomas,

I will be getting my Android phone this week end, and the first thing I will do is to install Companionlink.

John

Hi brjlk,

Enjoy your new Phone and refer back here if you have questions. The CompanionLink website has some great tutorials on setup and configuration.
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Setup_Guides