PDA

View Full Version : not able to clear calendar Alarm

innotrain
06-21-2010, 02:44 AM
Hello folks,
i am not able to clear Alarms on sheduled Calendar Items - even not when i erase the item.
since the last update????

are there any tips?
best regards from the cloudy austrian alps

Stephan Ververda
06-21-2010, 04:03 AM
Tried to recreate it and have the same problem.

Created a calendar entry with 0 min alarm. Saved it, exited the calendar, restarted app and deleted the entry (never at any moment I synced with android or CL). And few minutes later DO raised the alarm for a non existing entry.

DJOCTO
06-21-2010, 08:03 AM
DejaOffice will create the alarms list based on a system notification from Android: Android Booting, and also App Starting. No Sync is needed.

When we get the notification, we generate our "next alarm" event and post it to the Android Notification manager.

I hope this information helps you understand what you are seeing.

In general, I would discourage 0 minute alarms if you are using the Android Calendar, because they are not possible with the Android Calendar. Your best result if you want to both use Native is to stick with what Native can do which is alarms at 5, 10 etc.

Stephan Ververda
06-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I just used the 0 minutes to recreate the problem with a quick result :P In real life I really don't see use for 0 minutes reminders (a reminder for a task you need to do could be 5 minutes aswerl) and for meetings I always set it to the time I need to prepare to leave (always 15 minutes at least even when the meeting is in the same building, 6 minutes for a quick smoke and 9 minutes to actually get there in time to get me a coffee first :D)

So to make a long story short..... to avoid incompatibility with android just remove the 0 minute reminder?

But back to the issue at hand, the alarm that is created through a system notification on the Android is not cleared or resetted when you remove the appointment or when you apparently clear the alarm on the appointment in DejaCalendar.

DJOCTO
06-21-2010, 09:25 PM
We'll test out that deleting a Task should remove the reminder. This is likely an oversight as task reminders are new.

We have had many posts to allow 0 minute reminders, even though Android Calendar doesn't support them. It leaves me conflicted. I think we'll need to keep them.

But the UI design is for quick tasks. The real problem you describe, as I understand it, is that we can't change the Android Calendar app. You don't want to use DejaCal, but Android Calendar won't do what you want. Am I reading your post correctly?