PDA

View Full Version : New user with a few questions

BrianC
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Hello, new guy here.

1) I can sync just fine the very first time but subsequent sync attempts don't connect. I turned my phone off then back and and it connected. However, the sync doesn't seem to finish and CL seems to go into a loop of "completed tasks". I'm not sure what to do about that. I guess my questions is, what do I do about that?

2) It might be a operator error here but I don't see how to tell what contact my activity is scheduled with under Deja Tasks or Deja Today. I often put "call for next appointment" and I have 15 of those listed along with no name or phone number to identify who I am supposed to call. How do I fix that, please?

3) Is there a way, when looking at a contact's file, to see what activities I have scheduled with that person?

I am new to the iPhone as well as Deja Office. I have used ACT for about 20 years along with a Palm over the last 10 years or so and I may be just making some fool mistake. Can you help me please?

Thomas
03-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Hello, new guy here.

1) I can sync just fine the very first time but subsequent sync attempts don't connect. I turned my phone off then back and and it connected. However, the sync doesn't seem to finish and CL seems to go into a loop of "completed tasks". I'm not sure what to do about that. I guess my questions is, what do I do about that?

2) It might be a operator error here but I don't see how to tell what contact my activity is scheduled with under Deja Tasks or Deja Today. I often put "call for next appointment" and I have 15 of those listed along with no name or phone number to identify who I am supposed to call. How do I fix that, please?

3) Is there a way, when looking at a contact's file, to see what activities I have scheduled with that person?

I am new to the iPhone as well as Deja Office. I have used ACT for about 20 years along with a Palm over the last 10 years or so and I may be just making some fool mistake. Can you help me please?

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forums, to iPhone, and to CompanionLink/DejaOffice.

I will attempt to answer you questions put I need some information fro you as well.
What model iPhone? What OS version.
Sync Method? (WiFi or Secure Hosted)

Question 1 I will respond to when I get the questions answered above.

Question 2 - In Deja Tasks the Contact info does not display if you have the Micro view selected.
1. Open DejaTasks and Tap the button at the top that says DejaTasks.
2. Select either Normal Size or Business Size and save the changes.
Form this view Deja Tasks will display the associated contact in the main screen.

Question 3 - At this time no we do not offer this function. It is a good idea and I am passing it along to the iPhone developer.

Thanks for the inquiry.

BrianC
03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Thank you for the reply and sorry it took me a while to get back here.....no DSL for a few days because of storms.

Anyway, I have an iPhone 4 (model MC676LL) through Verizon. It is version 4.2.6 (8E200).

Normal size WAS selected on my phone and neither normal, micro, or business size show the contact name. Also, the program keeps closing itself and the sync won't complete, it just gets stuck in a loop saying "completed tasks".

I did find that by syncing the phone calls to the calander rather than the task list will show the contact name but it crowds the calander so bad it's unusable. I have a few days left on the trial period but don't want to pull the trigger until I make sure it works.

Thomas
03-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Thank you for the reply and sorry it took me a while to get back here.....no DSL for a few days because of storms.

Anyway, I have an iPhone 4 (model MC676LL) through Verizon. It is version 4.2.6 (8E200).

Normal size WAS selected on my phone and neither normal, micro, or business size show the contact name. Also, the program keeps closing itself and the sync won't complete, it just gets stuck in a loop saying "completed tasks".

I did find that by syncing the phone calls to the calander rather than the task list will show the contact name but it crowds the calander so bad it's unusable. I have a few days left on the trial period but don't want to pull the trigger until I make sure it works.

Hi Brian,

Let me know if we can be of any help to you. DejaOffice for iPhone is a consistent work in progress. With regular updates every 4-4 weeks as needed.

BrianC
03-09-2011, 05:22 AM
I am still having the same problems, no contact listed on phone calls or to dos.
The sync never finishes without getting stuck in a loop.
My 14 day trial period is about up for CL but I'm not going to pay $70 for something that I can't use until I make sure it is usuable for me.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thomas
03-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Hi Brian,

We can help. Can you please take a screenshot on your iPhone of the Contact info in the Calendar being unusable? I want to see what you are experiencing with this.
Can you email it to
support@dejaoffice.com

I can take it from there and either suggest a workaround and/or get something that is broken fixed. :)

BrianC
03-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Sure, but how do I take a screen shot from my phone?
Maybe I'll just take a photo with the a camera and e-mail it. I'll get to it tomorrow.

Thomas
03-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Sure, but how do I take a screen shot from my phone?
Maybe I'll just take a photo with the a camera and e-mail it. I'll get to it tomorrow.

Hold the Sleep Wake button at the top and the Home button at the same time. You should see the camera shutter close and the sound go off as well if audio is on.
You can then email the image file to:
support@dejaoffice.com

BrianC
04-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I sent the screen shots.

Thomas
04-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I sent the screen shots.

Hi Brian,

I see what you are dealing with. Since you are syncing with ACT! I have good news. We will have an update for CompanionLink soon that will allow you to select placing the Contact name in front of the event in the Calendar Formatting.
I am confident this setting will be available in the Next Release for DejaOffice. This is only going to be available for Syncing with ACT!

I hope this helps.

BrianC
06-21-2011, 04:17 PM
I got the update and see the names now, which is great. I think I will try putting everything back on my phone, the 14 day trial for CL, and see how it all works. Thanks for your help.

Thomas
06-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I got the update and see the names now, which is great. I think I will try putting everything back on my phone, the 14 day trial for CL, and see how it all works. Thanks for your help.

That is great news Brian. Keep me informed of your progress. If you have any questions I can help answer it would be my pleasure to do so. Thank you for your business. We appreciate it very much.