PDA

View Full Version : Google Calendar Sync Problem

bry54
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I have been trying to sync My Calendar with Google with no success. I keep getting the error message "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". It's been this way for the last few days and have not located an explanation of the error on Google. In case there was some type of conflict, I've turned off all sync options in DJO and also turned off Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail in the phone's options, trying to sync My Calendar only. Also tried with only Gmail and Calendar selected in the options. I have My Calendar, my Gmail account and U.S. Holidays selected in the Android calendar. I have re-powered the phone. Still the same result.
I am running 2.1 on an HTC Eris.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem or have any idea why?
Thanks,

bry54
06-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Gentle bump...
Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I read in a different post that DJO Calendar will sync with Google Calendar. I've re-tested, added an event in Android Calendar & it sync'd with DJO Calendar. Then added an event to DJO Calendar and it sync'd with Android Calendar. But neither will sync with Google Calendar.
Currently have both DJO and Android calendar's sync settings enabled. And Gmail. Have left sync contacts to Google disabled.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,

bry54
06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Finally. After searching in a number of different Android related forums I located a solution in a post by another that so far seems to be working.
On the phone, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Under Manage Applications there are two different calendar listings. One is Calendar Data, the other is just Calendar. Go into each and press Clear Data. After doing this I went back to the settings and performed a manual sync and everything sync'd back from Google to the Calendar.
Before I did this I did turn off the DJO sync so I wouldn't lose anything in it. Not sure if it was necessary but figured it couldn't hurt.