PDA

View Full Version : Tasks: sort and filter options

kronhead
06-23-2010, 03:28 PM
It would be great if DejaTasks allowed you to do some filtering - in particular, for me, excluding future tasks - things that aren't due yet, or not due for more than N days. Start date should also be filterable, or apply the same rule for both dates. Also, sorting would be nice. Priority is most important, and already there, but due date (descending) would be good - with things with no date sorted first ... This is the way I would like it, but obviously different people would have different requests - so a flexible settings screen would be nice.

To be honest, I sync Outlook with Toodledo, and use Got To Do on my phone - DejaTasks just shows too much future stuff to be usable now.

Thanks
Dan

Kaena
06-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey Dan,

Many of the options you mention can be found just by long pressing (tap and hold the screen) in the tasks screen to bring up a context menu.

Here's a little more info - http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/android/djoclassroom-dejatasks.html#sorttasks

arcspin
07-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi,
Let me first thank you for an excellent and mature calendar software.
I have just recently bought an Samsung Galaxy S and found your app together with Companion Link to be the best option for syncing Outlook and Android via cable.
There are how ever a few improvements that I would like to suggest future updates of Deja tasks:

One thing that i use a lot in Outlook is sorting tasks by its due date but with the added bonus that the tasks are grouped by if the due day is today, tomorrow, this week, next week, next month, no due date and so on.
Grouping tasks in this particular way makes it very easy to see what is up for today and so on...

Having that grouping option in deja task would make working with tasks on my Galaxy S a lot easier.
(If you like I can take a screen shot of my outlook to better explain what I mean)

And one more thing, in Deja Today it would be better to have the Events at the top as they are timed meetings and after that the tasks, preferably grouped as mention above...

Best regards,
//Peter

Richard
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I second putting the appointments on top...better yet, let me configure it! :-)

leon
08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Do tasks in DejaTasks also have a start date apart from a due date? From what I have read task start dates cannot be synchronised with Outlook.

It would be great if the start date of tasks can be synced between Outlook and DejaTasks, apart from being able to create tasks in DejaTasks and be able to set the start date, or amedn the start date for existing tasks. The rationale behing start dates is that tasks with a future start date are not yet active and do not need to be acted upon. These future-dated tasks can be hidden from display through viewing options.

Anyone can confirm or otherwise if tasks in DejaTasks also have a start date? If not any chance for this in a soon-to-be release? When?

DJOCTO
08-29-2010, 08:02 AM
I'll be checking on the status of this in a few days. It's high on our list to sweep through tasks and add a bunch of features. Start date is one of them.

Jayhawk94
09-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey Dan,

Many of the options you mention can be found just by long pressing (tap and hold the screen) in the tasks screen to bring up a context menu.

Here's a little more info - http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/android/djoclassroom-dejatasks.html#sorttasks

Kaena, I think kronhead would like the "and" option when using the sorting/filtering criteria, e.g. only tasks due in the next week will be displayed AND displayed tasks due first will be at the top AND within each due date the highest priority task(s) will be shown at the top.

If he doesn't, I certainly would like to be able to configure the list this way.