PDA

View Full Version : search by town, zip.

ChrisNJ
06-23-2010, 11:30 PM
I am in sales, and while on the road, if I get some free time, it would be nice to be able see a customer, by being able to search my 5000contacts by zip or town, or I guess by 'my location' using the gps and a radius. There is a drop down menu for the search, but it only has, name, company, notes. Please add town, zip, or 'my location'. Thank you. I sync Act to Dejaoffice if it matters.

hunter seeker
06-24-2010, 07:08 AM
ChrisNJ:

Look at my post of 5/24/10 under FAQS and RESOURCES - then FEATURE REQUESTS - concerning "contacts by company". I'm in sales and have the same type issue. I just bought ACT! 2010 and plan to migrate from Palm (longtime user). I'm in the process of testing a workaround of sorts using categories, and trying to get it sorted out before I build my ACT database. I wholeheartedly agree that company name is not the answer because the contacts are all set up by individuals. See if the responses by CLTO will help you out until someone, somewhere, builds one of these PIMs for business by supporting nested contacts - i.e. - company name, city name viewing, then tapping company and see all of your contacts that work there.

Heidrick
07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
oh man that would be great. I think this should be looked into. And better yet pull up the 10 nearest contacts in maps, and make a route from that.... or then you can select contact on map and navigate to it, if you need to.... that would be very handy, especially if you have a lot of house/office calls to make.