PDA

View Full Version : Bogus DejaOffice Calendar Notifications

MartySantic
03-15-2011, 07:48 AM
I am using Companion Link to transfer ONLY my tasks and notes from Outlook to the iPhone 4. Yet, I am getting DejaCalendar calendar notifications for items that do NOT exist if I look at DejaCalendar. DejaCalendar is completely empty. The notifications do NOT even exist in my Outlook calendar or my current iPhone calendar. These notifications seem to be artifacts from previous (long past deleted) events that once were in my Outlook calendar. At one time, I was transferring calendar items using Companion Link.

I am using iTunes to transfer the Outlook calendar and my contacts to the iPhone.

I have deleted the DejaOffice app on the iPhone 4, reloaded a new copy from the app store and then reloaded only my Outlook tasks and notes using the purge option. Yet, still get these bogus DejaCalendar notifications.

I do not have DejaOffice tied to the iPhone calendar app per the DejaOffice sync option.

Is a rogue dataset left on the iPhone after I delete the DejaOffice app??

Thomas
03-15-2011, 08:52 AM
I am using Companion Link to transfer ONLY my tasks and notes from Outlook to the iPhone 4. Yet, I am getting DejaCalendar calendar notifications for items that do NOT exist if I look at DejaCalendar. DejaCalendar is completely empty. The notifications do NOT even exist in my Outlook calendar or my current iPhone calendar. These notifications seem to be artifacts from previous (long past deleted) events that once were in my Outlook calendar. At one time, I was transferring calendar items using Companion Link.

I am using iTunes to transfer the Outlook calendar and my contacts to the iPhone.

I have deleted the DejaOffice app on the iPhone 4, reloaded a new copy from the app store and then reloaded only my Outlook tasks and notes using the purge option. Yet, still get these bogus DejaCalendar notifications.

I do not have DejaOffice tied to the iPhone calendar app per the DejaOffice sync option.

Is a rogue dataset left on the iPhone after I delete the DejaOffice app??

Hi Marty,

Great question and thank you for the detailed information.
I do have one question for you... What is your sync method?

I personally have seen some behavior similar to what you are describing on my iPhone 4. I sync Calendar, Tasks and notes. I keep my iPhone Native Calendar for personal appointments and DejaOffice for work/buisness related events. I have at times seen DejaOffice randomly fire iPhone native Calendar notifications. Is this what is happenning for you or is it something different?

I have been working with the dev team on this and we are trying to track this down. So the answer is, this is a known issue, howver it occurs so rarely that we are having a hard time isolating it.

How often does this occur for you?

MartySantic
03-15-2011, 09:25 AM
I sync via CL WiFi. Happens rarely, maybe 2-3 times over the past month.

Thomas
03-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I sync via CL WiFi. Happens rarely, maybe 2-3 times over the past month.

That is the pattern I am seeing here too.

Do you use the native iPhone calendar at all? Are the event notifications coming from there?

MartySantic
03-29-2011, 01:17 PM
I am still getting the bogus notifications. They are coming from DejaOffice (that is what the title in the notification block says). There is NOTHING in the DejaOffice calendar. The items in the iPhone calendar are sync'd via the iTunes/Outlook link. These calendar items trigger their own notification. So I am getting 2 notifications, one valid and one bogus.

MartySantic
03-30-2011, 06:06 AM
In fact, I have been watching closer. For the last notification, I received 3 notification windows on the iPhone. The first from the iPhone calendar. Then a bogus DejaOffice notification. Closed it. Then, a 2nd bogus DejaOffice notification popped up for the same event.

There has to be a database on the iPhone that is NOT removed when the DejaOffice application is removed. I have removed the DejaOffice app from the iPhone and have reloaded it a few times to try to solve various problems.

Thomas
03-30-2011, 07:20 AM
In fact, I have been watching closer. For the last notification, I received 3 notification windows on the iPhone. The first from the iPhone calendar. Then a bogus DejaOffice notification. Closed it. Then, a 2nd bogus DejaOffice notification popped up for the same event.

There has to be a database on the iPhone that is NOT removed when the DejaOffice application is removed. I have removed the DejaOffice app from the iPhone and have reloaded it a few times to try to solve various problems.

Hi Marty,

I have seen similar random notifications on my iPhone 4. I sync my work Calendar to DejaOffice and I use the Native iPhone Calendar for my Google Calendar and Facebook events etc.
What version of DejaOffice is installed? I haven't seen this behavior on my device for a few months now.

MartySantic
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Have the latest version of DejaOffice installed. v1.1.9. There has to be a rogue database that remains on the iPhone even if DejaOffice is deleted.

Thomas
04-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Have the latest version of DejaOffice installed. v1.1.9. There has to be a rogue database that remains on the iPhone even if DejaOffice is deleted.

Hi Marty,

I follow your logic about something going on with the data. I am looking into the matter with the dev team. I have been wrong enough times about what I think the source of a problem is that I choose not to assume anything until we know for sure.

Part of this is confusing because I have DJO installed on my iPhone. I have randomly seen this behavior, and attempted to isolate it. I have never linked the DJO Calendar Database with the iOS Calendar Database on my phone. We have been looking at the source of the Calendar Data filling in the iOS database up to this point.

With the reports you are providing we can expend the hunt a little. Thanks.

MartySantic
04-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks Thomas. Just happened again so thought I would log on the forum and check your responses.

This time I received the native iPhone calendar notification (2 hours prior to the event) and then 3 DejaOffice notification windows for the same event! The three boxes most definitely said DejaOffice at the top. So I received 4 notification windows/boxes. Checked and there is a single item in the native iPhone calendar with ONE alert (2 hr). There is NOTHING in the DejaOffice calendar nor anything listed in DejaToday.

To refresh your memory, I do not currently have the calendars synced/linked, and that has been the case since deleting and reloading the DejaOffice app. Trying to remember......I most likely have loaded and deleted the DejaOffice app 3-4 times now. (To attempt to solve this and a previous issue with the task/notepad fonts). During a previous load I did try the "Sync with iPhone Calendar App" option. (Initially, I thought this might have been causing the multiple alerts.) I currently sync the Outlook calendar and contact list to the iPhone using iTunes. And sync my Outlook tasks and notes using CompanionLink.

As an experiment, 5 minutes after receiving the 4 notifications described above, changed the alert in the iPhone native calendar to notify me again 1 hour prior to the event. One hour prior to the event, I received a SINGLE iPhone notification and NO DejaOffice notifications.

Hope that helps a little.

DJOCTO
04-02-2011, 04:10 PM
We'll definitely look into this for the next release.

MartySantic
06-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Just purchased Companion Link PRO. Same problem, I received 12, yes 12 notifications for the same event via DejaOffice. on the iPad2. See my post at the top of the regarding calendar synch.

Thomas
06-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Just purchased Companion Link PRO. Same problem, I received 12, yes 12 notifications for the same event via DejaOffice. on the iPad2. See my post at the top of the regarding calendar synch.

Hi Marty,

Sorry for the notification explosion. This is due to a bug in a previous version of DejaOffice. It has been fixed, so moving forward the only time this will occur is when events fire that were previously synced when the old version of DejaOffice was installed. We are wrorking on along to fix to eliminate this as well.