PDA

View Full Version : Calendar not syncing on Samsung Moment

sunsgal
06-24-2010, 06:45 PM
First of all, THANK YOU for this app!! I've been waiting for an app that supports color categories since I got my android phone in Oct of last year! I do searches every other month for an app that does just this and today, I found DJO!! I was ecstatic!

With that said, I quickly downloaded the app. My phone is sync'd to my work outlook items: email, contacts, calendar, etc. So, the native phone's contacts and calendar are constantly updated from my work exchange server. As a result, I would use DJO with the option to sync with native Android contacts and calendar app. I have both options checked on the sync settings. The contacts sync'd perfectly, but the calendar does not sync.

When I hit the Read Android Data, it reads the contacts but I never see anything about syncing calendar. In fact, I did some troubleshooting and unselected sync with android contacts and only had synch with android calendar selected, hoping to force it to sync the calendar only. When I did this, the "Read Android Data" button disappeared.

The native android calendar on my phone has 2 calendars feeding into it - my work calendar and my gmail calendar. Not sure if this is causing any problems. I also verified that there are calendar items on my native calendar.

Please help! I'm so eager to use it!

Thanks!

Eric
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the forums, sunsgal! As for the disappearing "Read Android Data" button, we'll get this fixed, but for the time-being you can leave "Sync with Android Contacts App" selected so that you have the button. DejaOffice will sync your Google calendar, but not your Exchange calendar, though we are working on support for multiple calendars.

sunsgal
06-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks Eric for the response. Please keep me posted on when to expect these changes. On my native calendar, I unselected my exchange calendar and selected my google calendars only and DJO will still not sync with the calendar.

Eric
06-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi sunsgal. We'll post update info in our "General release schedule" thread at http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?30-DejaOffice-for-Android-General-release-schedule

So if you add an event to your DejaCalendar, and then "Read Android Data", you don't see the event on your native calendar at all? In the DejaOffice sync settings, are the options for "Sync with Android Contacts App" and "Sync with Android Calendar App" checked, and is "Sync selected categories with Android Contacts App and Calendar App" unchecked?

bry54
06-30-2010, 06:25 PM
sunsgal,

I'm not sure if this may be what is happening, Eric can probably tell you if it is possible.
But it is something I noticed while testing adding a calendar event into the Android calendar and the DJO Calendar.

When I add an event to DJO Calendar and save it, it automatically shows up on the Android Calendar and then Google. If the "Sync with Android Calendar App" is checked and sync to Google Calendar is checked.
But the Android Calendar will only sync with DJO Calendar and Google Calendar only if I save it to my Gmail Calendar. The 1st selection seen when adding a new event to the Android Calendar. Select between "My Calendar" and in my case my "Gmail Acct Calendar". I'm not sure if it could also say "Exchange..." since I'm not on a server. Looks like it automatically defaults to the last selected choice. If I save it to "My Calendar" it is in the "Android Phone Calendar" only and I'm stuck. No way of editing the event to change from "My Calendar" to "Gmail Acct" or "Exchange."

Is it possible the external Outlook items are being saved in the native "Android Calendar" only which doesn't sync to DJO Calendar?

Eric
07-06-2010, 10:01 AM
bry54, that's exactly right; the DJO calendar syncs to the Android's Gmail account calendar, so if these Outlook items are being saved to another calendar, they won't sync to DJO, which appears to be the case for sunsgal.