PDA

View Full Version : Improved WiFi sync

ski98033
03-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I work in several locations during the day and it is a pain to get the IP off the phone and enter it into the PC. So ...

1. Instead of having me enter the IP address in the PC software, could you just have it scan the local class C net for the phone and connect.

2. Or do what the Chapura software on the Pre did this by going to a common website to find the address, perhaps you could do the same?

3. Or if this is impossible, could you at least add in a drop down on the PC software where it keeps the last 5 IP addresses so I can just pick one and sync.

Reockiree
04-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Sync in background with MobileMe to my iPhone or just directly to my iPhone.

Thomas
04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I work in several locations during the day and it is a pain to get the IP off the phone and enter it into the PC. So ...

1. Instead of having me enter the IP address in the PC software, could you just have it scan the local class C net for the phone and connect.

2. Or do what the Chapura software on the Pre did this by going to a common website to find the address, perhaps you could do the same?

3. Or if this is impossible, could you at least add in a drop down on the PC software where it keeps the last 5 IP addresses so I can just pick one and sync.

Hi Ski,

CompanionLink 4.0 does have a dropdown where you can select from the last five device IP addresses.

NickStick
04-27-2011, 04:57 AM
CL "Unable to contact device".

Maybe because WiFi AP and PC are on different network switches like the following example?
(parameters set up correctly)

AndroidDevice<-->WiFiAP<-->switch1<-->switch2<-->switch3<-->PC