PDA

View Full Version : My data HAD BEEN synced - now, it is gone and I can't get it to re-sync

magnumopus
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I had been able to successfully sync my Evo to my Outlook account on my XP environment PC. I currently have it set up to sync one way (pc to phone). After one failed attempt, all that will sync to DO are my Facebook contact - none of my contacts, notes, tasks, or calendar. I've checked all of the recommended setting in CL and on my phone - even tried the purge and reload to no avail. Soooo - before I do a complete factory reset, can someone advise on how to correct? Might be good to note: after the last release, things appeared to be working (but the update process ran for several hours - I only have 3600 contacts and the initial install/read didn't take THAT long). I tried to cancel the update on my computer - my computer froze - and so did my phone. I rebooted the pc/ took out the battery on the phone. at the end - no joy - contacts still not in DO>

Thanks

Eric
06-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I'd recommend double-checking the "Outlook Folders" tab in CompanionLink, to verify that you are syncing to the correct Outlook folders (and not empty folders). Also, check to see that your CompanionLink and DejaOffice are up-to-date (currently we're on build 3100 for CompanionLink and 1.5.5 for DejaOffice). Then you could try another purge and reload sync.

magnumopus
06-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks, Eric - I will give this a try. Is there any way to tell how many of my outlook contacts (tasks, notes) successfully transferred to DejaOffice?

magnumopus
06-28-2010, 08:14 AM
OKAAYYY.... finally got everything synced to my phone - but something is definitely awry. My phone storage has gone from 157mb down to 41 and I have no idea why. My HTC Touchpro 2 didn't have nearly the same capacity - and yet contained all of my contacts, appointments, notes AND tasks. In doing a cursory scan, I don't see any duplicates AND the first time all of my data had synced properly I still had over 150 mb of storage left. Any ideas what went wrong and how I can correct?

Eric
06-28-2010, 12:17 PM
DejaOffice doesn't use your native phone storage for the bulk of its data; it uses your SD card. Maybe the 116 MB is being used by some other app(s)? You can see how much phone storage is being used by your apps by going into your Android settings and choosing Applications>Manage applications, and then pressing the menu button and filtering your view to "All". In this list you should see all of your applications, and how much memory each is using (including the native "Contacts Storage" and "Calendar Storage").

magnumopus
06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Thank you.

magnumopus
06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
This may be a dumb question, but here goes... shouldnt I still be able to access my native android contacts? one minute my contact storage reads 216mb and I can access them, now the storage reads 48mb and I can only read Deja Office contacts (ie I only have 2 Android contacts... my own and my wife's ) . is this how it's supposed to work? Please advise.

Eric
06-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Yes, you should be able to access your native Android contacts. DejaOffice doesn't turn native contact access off or anything like that. If you're seeing strange things with your native contact app, you might just try restarting your Android (turn it off, then turn it back on).

magnumopus
06-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Okay - turned the device off, then on - my native android contacts have not repopulated - any advice?

Eric
06-30-2010, 10:28 AM
So you still only have two contacts in your Android contact list? You might check your display settings. From your Android contact list, press the menu button, then "Display options", and uncheck "Only contacts with phones". Also, tap your account in the list below and make sure that you have all of your groups checked. If still you don't see your contacts, you might resync DejaOffice/Android contacts. From DejaOffice, tap "Settings", then "Sync Settings", and make sure that "Sync with Android Contacts App" is checked, but that "Sync selected categories with Android Contacts App and Calendar App" is not checked. Then you could try a DejaOffice "Read Android Data" sync. Does this help?

magnumopus
06-30-2010, 10:51 AM
You are a gentleman and a scholar - alas, none of those worked. Get this - without changing anything, I synced my phone w/ my pc - the only contacts that remained in my phone were from Facebook for HTC Sense. So, I unchecked the sync for Facebook, yet only those contacts remained without change. I just decided to do a factory reset on my phone and a clean sync to outlook ( I HOPE). I'll keep you posted.

magnumopus
07-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I thought it only proper to report what finally worked (though I can't tell you why). From CL setup screen, under options tab, I clicked, "Reread PC data on next sync". This did the trick... All my native Android contacts appeared. Thanks for all your super timely assistance.