PDA

View Full Version : Crashes when hitting the Categories button

GaryFx
06-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I just installed DejaOffice on an iPod touch, which I got in anticipation of replacing my Palm TX. When I hit the Categories button on the home screen, it just drops me back out to the apps screen. All I've done until then, other than looking at the other screens, is adding a single task.

For what it's worth, it's a relatively new 3gen 64GB touch, just upgraded to iOS4, with plenty of free space (and a few free dozen apps, as I hunt around for ones I like). I tried restarting the iPod (power down, restart with the Apple logo), with no change. There's a recent note about categories in the FAQ forum, but that's a different problem.

Has anyone seen this?

Eric
06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Gary, we're fixing this for our next release of DejaOffice, which will be available soon.

T-dawg
06-30-2010, 04:28 PM
This is happening to me too. I don't have anything synced to DejaOffice/iPhone4 except some contacts. I go into DJO and hit "Categories" and get dumped to main iPhone screen. Furthermore, I can't get DejaOffice to even run after one sync (other thread for this)

Kaena
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Both the category manager crash and the sync hanging are new bugs with iOS 4. We're working fast to make sure everything is working smoothly with the new iPhone, and should have a fix for you guys shortly. Thanks for your patience, stay tuned!

T-dawg
07-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Any news on the update? Still waiting.

Eric
07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
We're almost there! We plan to submit the update to Apple this week; it should be posted to the app store shortly after.

applemaz
07-19-2010, 12:01 PM
That's not the only problem related to calendar. When you create a new event and click Category to set your category, nothing happens. It won't let you choose one of your category colors for the event. Prior to the patch last week I would have to save the event, open it up again to edit it and then choose the category. Very clunky work around. This week, however, the app crashes when trying to save a new event so I can't even create one in the first place.

Eric
07-28-2010, 10:52 AM
This will be fixed in DejaOffice 1.1.1, which should be available on the App Store soon.

applemaz
07-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Even after installing 1.1.1 update you still cannot create a new entry in your calendar and select Category. It just blinks when you hit it and nothing happens. You have to save the entry, then edit it in order to select a category color. This is annoying.

DJOCTO
07-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Applemaz, we looked into it today. It appears to be orientation related. If you turn the iPad to Landscape mode, the Category system works fine. It's also working fine on iPhone. So it's just iPad in Portrait mode that seems the have the problem. This will be fixed and in the next release.