PDA

View Full Version : Tasks in calendar

Alli
04-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I love having tasks back in my calendars. However, it seems that as soon as the due date arrives, the task disappears except from within the tasks view. Any chance on a time for tasks?

DJOCTO
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Alli, We see the problem with Today view. It will be fixed in a release soon (maybe 2-3 weeks).

For tasks I think we'll maintain what Outlook does, so no due time. For timed items they should be entered on the Calendar. However, we will be adding a Reminder on Tasks which does have a time. This matches what Outlook does. Look for that a bit in the farther future. Lots of details to handle with that.

Kennybrownjr
05-11-2010, 07:37 PM
CLCTO - have you fixed this problem yet? I had it happen to me yesterday after I downloaded and intstalled the most recent version. I know when younget this program workingnit will make me more efficient at my job. Just checking on the status. Keep up the great work

DJOCTO
05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Kenny, I just checked in my phone. Let me be the first to say that Tasks UI is Awful! Not at all of the level of functionality that I want. I'm working on functionality right now, and I can see a lot I want done here.

However, the tasks I entered appear correctly on the DejaToday view, albeit without the due date showing.

I'll refer this to QA to see if there are other factors. But for me, the Today view now shows the tasks for today.