PDA

View Full Version : Note Category repeats almost endlessly. Hard to clear them.

chimayniac
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm syncing Palm Desktop 6.2.2 with a DROID 2 Global. I don't know if this is a sync issue or just a Deja Notepad-DROID issue. The Category that shows at the top of my notes often propagates up to a hundred identical lines of itself in the note on the DROID. No problem on the desktop. SOMEtimes I can back out 2 to 8 of them, but more grow back every time. I have to scroll down past 90% of the note to get to the actual subject and contents. I am ready to threaten it with a big magnet. Please help!

Thanks very much.

Thomas
04-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm syncing Palm Desktop 6.2.2 with a DROID 2 Global. I don't know if this is a sync issue or just a Deja Notepad-DROID issue. The Category that shows at the top of my notes often propagates up to a hundred identical lines of itself in the note on the DROID. No problem on the desktop. SOMEtimes I can back out 2 to 8 of them, but more grow back every time. I have to scroll down past 90% of the note to get to the actual subject and contents. I am ready to threaten it with a big magnet. Please help!

Thanks very much.

Hi chimayniac,

We apologize to hear you are having trouble with this. Thanks for reporting this. I will need some additional information to suggest a fix for you.

What version Android OS is your Droid 2 Global running?
What build version of CompanionLink Desktop Software are you using?
What Sync Method are you using?
Were these notes created in DejaOffice or Palm Desktop?
Is this problem occurring in DejaOffice only? Or is it also occurring in the Palm Desktop?

Once we have more information we can work on getting this resolved for you.

DJOCTO
04-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Chimayniac, what CompanionLink and DejaOffice version are you using, and how are you synchronizing (USB or Wi-Fi). We always strive for upward compatibility but we have made some changes to Notes so using an old CompanionLink build could conceivably have a problem with the current DJOA Android release.

chimayniac
04-06-2011, 11:50 AM
My CL build is about a month old.

chimayniac
04-08-2011, 08:27 AM
OK, this is the third time I have provided this information. The second time it said my response would be posted once someone had reviewed it.

Android 2.2
CL Express Version 4
Build 4034
USB
Both
DejaOffice only. I.e., on the DROID. Palm does not support multiple or duplicate categories for notes.

Thomas
04-08-2011, 08:39 AM
OK, this is the third time I have provided this information. The second time it said my response would be posted once someone had reviewed it.

Android 2.2
CL Express Version 4
Build 4034
USB
Both
DejaOffice only. I.e., on the DROID. Palm does not support multiple or duplicate categories for notes.

Hi Chimaniac,

Apologies for the delayed response.
I would recommend two things at this point.
1. Update to the latest version of CompanionLink and DejaOffice.
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
You can get the latest version of DejaOffice in the Android Market.

Clean up your Palm Desktop Data/delete the duplicate Calendar events you reported.
Then Follow these Steps in CompanionLink
1. Open CompanionLink Setup and click on Options
2. Select ReRead Palm Desktop Data on next sync.
3. Sync your phone.

If the problem still occurs let me know and I will walk you through submitting a log file so we can look at what is happening.