PDA

View Full Version : Contacts and Calendars

jaspersky
06-28-2010, 06:05 AM
After sync using companionlink USB and dejaoffice, my contacts are all gone from the default phone contacts. After playing around with the settings, discover that for display option need to check from my google email account. My concern is does the contacts detail got sync to google email? If not why is my phone contacts all gone, and it is only visible after checking my google email account?

Please advise

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S
FW: 2.1

Eric
06-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Had you run a CompanionLink "purge and reload" sync? This type of sync would have cleared out your contacts and then reloaded them from your PC database. Yes, the contact details are synced to Google if you have Google sync turned on. If you'd like, you can turn off the Google contact sync from your Android settings (typically found in the "Accounts & sync" menu). You can also turn off the DejaContacts sync with your Android contacts from the DejaOffice "Sync Settings" menu.

jaspersky
06-28-2010, 10:14 PM
If both Google sync and dejaoffice sync settings are turned off, why do I still need to check under choose conacts to display from my "google email account" in order for contact to be visible? Since both are check off, I presume no phone contacts should be viewable at my gmail account?

Eric
06-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Even though your Google sync is turned off, the contacts in your Android contact list are associated with a Google account, so that they can sync to Google if you ever decide to turn the Google sync on. But yes, if your Google sync is turned off, you won't see those contacts in Google (unless they had previously synced to Google and then you turned the Google sync off).

jaspersky
06-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Oh thanks for the reply! So the android contacts associated with google account doesnt meant the data is extract from google. Due to privacy reason, I was worried that the contacts could be entirely stored in the google email account for email account could be hack which happen to my yahoo email.