PDA

View Full Version : maintaining formatting in outlook tasks

lccseh
04-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi .. another request towards full outlook compatibility is to preserve formatting of task notes.

I use this feature in outlook and was distressed when a synced task on my android device" after editing and syncing back to outlook, lost all the careful formatting I had done.

Syncing attachments connected to an outlook task would be amazing but a much lower priority than preserving formatting.

Thx,

Les

Thomas
04-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi .. another request towards full outlook compatibility is to preserve formatting of task notes.

I use this feature in outlook and was distressed when a synced task on my android device" after editing and syncing back to outlook, lost all the careful formatting I had done.

Syncing attachments connected to an outlook task would be amazing but a much lower priority than preserving formatting.

Thx,

Les

Hi Les,

Thank you for the feedback on this. Can you specify what type of careful formatting you were using? Is this a matter of lost carriage returns, Font type and size? or was it something like HTML and hyperlinks?
I can run some tests on this but some specific information would help narrow down the search.

Thanks

Reockiree
04-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Jott for Outlook appears to create Outlook Tasks with truncated the subject lines. The full text of the Jott does show up in the notes associated with the Task.

Is there any way to the full Jott in the subject line or at least more of the text?

Please let me know.

An annoying quirk, but a great product by the way

--Mark

lccseh
04-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Hi .. the specific example I noticed was losing font formatting ie. Size, bold and font face.

Hope this helps