PDA

View Full Version : Work-around for one-way synch from native contacts?

Liz1
04-13-2011, 11:20 AM
I have many Outlook contacts, and I don't want to duplicate them by synching them through DJO with the native Android contacts. I do like to capture contacts from phone calls, and have them available with pictures, etc., to use for dialing and caller ID. I would like to export these also to my DJO contacts. I don't care if these few entries are otherwise duplicated in my Outlook database. Is it possible to set up some special Outlook category such as Phone or Native, synch that with DJO, and have the native Android contacts fall only into that category, and then only have 2-way synchs with the native contacts that involve that category? That would give most of the benefits of an outbound synch from the captured native contacts without causing duplication (and lengthy synchs) of all the Outlook contacts. To synch DJO and Outlook, most times I would not read the native contacts, but I would periodically set up DJO to synch that one category with the native contacts. If it's possible, should those contacts be saved to the phone or a Google account? I would prefer the former. I know I can set up categories in DJO, but how would I have it pour all the phone contacts into that one category, which would then be a replicated category in Outlook?

Seamus
01-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi: I'd also like to see a one-way synch for contacts, but in the opposite way than Liz1. I have a clean Outlook file and my phone DejaOffice file corresponds to it nicely. My Android native file is a mess, filled with pretty much every non-active linked-in and facebook contact I have. So I'd like to send my DJO data to the native app, but not receive any data from it. The issue I have now is that when I update a key contacts detail in Outlook, it reaches DJO on the phone, but I can't use it for texting etc. unless I synch with the native app; and when I do, my real addressbook gets flooded with non-key contacts.

Incidentally, I also have Liz1's problem: I have many, many work contacts in Outlook I don't need on my phone. I resolved that by creating two folders in Outlook, and putting the Work folk in the second folder. DJO syncs to the regular folder only: my peers, family, personal business (doctors, etc.) & friends.

McLion
01-30-2012, 04:17 AM
Hi: I'd also like to see a one-way synch for contacts, but in the opposite way than Liz1. I have a clean Outlook file and my phone DejaOffice file corresponds to it nicely. My Android native file is a mess, filled with pretty much every non-active linked-in and facebook contact I have. So I'd like to send my DJO data to the native app, but not receive any data from it. The issue I have now is that when I update a key contacts detail in Outlook, it reaches DJO on the phone, but I can't use it for texting etc. unless I synch with the native app; and when I do, my real addressbook gets flooded with non-key contacts.

You can clean out and update your phone be doing a "Purge and Reload" (new naming: "Wipe all records ..")sync.
Make sure to activate native Sync in DJO before doing it.

1. Doing normal CL sync to have OL up to date
2. Activate native syncing in DJO
3. Activate "PnR" in CL for all conduits and sync