PDA

View Full Version : Sync integrity

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
04-18-2011, 11:56 AM
I had posted a couple months ago regarding the sync method / protocol for making sure the last edited record is synced. I was reassured that the data integrity was completely proven. I have just had an opportunity to test because I was suspicious that I had lost some data previously. Edited two contacts in Outlook / neither contact had even been viewed on iPhone since last sync / Synced and the iPhone contacts overwrote the Outlook contacts. My settings are attached. Using CL for Outlook 4.0 bld 4036 and DO v1.1.9. Please advise. I can't keep checking each time I sync.
Thanks.

Thomas
04-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I had posted a couple months ago regarding the sync method / protocol for making sure the last edited record is synced. I was reassured that the data integrity was completely proven. I have just had an opportunity to test because I was suspicious that I had lost some data previously. Edited two contacts in Outlook / neither contact had even been viewed on iPhone since last sync / Synced and the iPhone contacts overwrote the Outlook contacts. My settings are attached. Using CL for Outlook 4.0 bld 4036 and DO v1.1.9. Please advise. I can't keep checking each time I sync.
Thanks.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for reporting this. We apologize if you have experienced any inconvenience with this problem.
I am running some tests on the scenario you reported right now.

If you could provide some additional information it might help us isolate the problem faster:
Apple Device model and OS version.
Outlook Version
Windows Version
Fields in the Outlook Contacts that were modified.
Can you also check to see if your Apple Device is syncing contacts with any type of exchange server?
This would include a GMail account, MobileME, or a formal Exchange Server.
-On your Apple device Tap Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Exchange.
If an account is actively syncing contacts in this setting, it will interfere with DejaOffice and CompanionLink Syncing cleanly.
Thanks

Thomas
04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Matt,

Thank you for reporting this. We apologize if you have experienced any inconvenience with this problem.
I am running some tests on the scenario you reported right now.

If you could provide some additional information it might help us isolate the problem faster:
Apple Device model and OS version.
Outlook Version
Windows Version
Fields in the Outlook Contacts that were modified.
Can you also check to see if your Apple Device is syncing contacts with any type of exchange server?
This would include a GMail account, MobileME, or a formal Exchange Server.
-On your Apple device Tap Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Exchange.
If an account is actively syncing contacts in this setting, it will interfere with DejaOffice and CompanionLink Syncing cleanly.
Thanks

Hi Matt,

I found that editing an Outlook Contact Record email field would not sync to the Apple Device if that device was also syncing with Gmail Account contacts in the Exchange settings.
I was not able to reproduce the behavior you reported without an Exchange account setup.
Please let me know if this is the case for you with the information I requested above. That way I can continue to attempt to isolate this problem.

Thanks,

Thomas

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Thomas - sorry for delay in responding.
The Apple device is iPhone 4 OS version 4.2.6 (8E200)
The edited fields in Outlook contacts were:
-Contact1 = last name, mobile #, email address
-Contact2 = email address

I am not using any Exchange server or any other sync for contacts, including iTunes sync is turned off for everything but music, etc.

I am using Gmail IMAP but only have email & calendar turned on(see attached). I have NO contacts in my Gmail account.

Any chance an iTunes sync with contacts off, could still make the DO sync think those records are more recent?

Thanks,

Matt

Thomas
04-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi Thomas - sorry for delay in responding.
The Apple device is iPhone 4 OS version 4.2.6 (8E200)
The edited fields in Outlook contacts were:
-Contact1 = last name, mobile #, email address
-Contact2 = email address

I am not using any Exchange server or any other sync for contacts, including iTunes sync is turned off for everything but music, etc.

I am using Gmail IMAP but only have email & calendar turned on(see attached). I have NO contacts in my Gmail account.

Any chance an iTunes sync with contacts off, could still make the DO sync think those records are more recent?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

We actually recommend iTunes Contact Sync be turned off. That is how I configure my iPhone with DejaOffice. I am testing for this issue in the next build of DejaOffice for iPhone. I have not been able to reproduce this as you describe it. I am attempting to ensure this behavior does not creep into a new version. We will have some changes with how the contacts database works soon. So my goal is to make sure that rev is clean.

I hope this helps.