PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Tasks?

dmayes
07-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi

I'm new to this forum and need answers to a couple of questions regarding the Deja Tasks app. I have searched through previous posts and looked at screenshots of the app, but could not find this information. If I have missed it, I apologize.

We have 2 new Motorola Droid phones that are syncing Outlook email, contacts & calendars with our Exchange server via Active Sync. One of our users relies heavily on her Outlook Tasks, many that are recurring with reminders. Here is what I need to know:

1. Does DejaTasks support recurring tasks with reminders/alarms? If not, is there a future version that will?

2. According to the Sync/Backup Options grid on the website home page, Exchange Active Sync will sync contacts and calendars with Deja Office on the Droid. Is the only option to sync tasks using CompanionLink via USB? If so, will a future version support syncing the tasks via Exchange Active Sync?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kaena
07-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi dmayes, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, we dont support recurring tasks from Outlook. If you need recurring events with reminders/alarms, we suggest adding them to the calendar.

Because Android does not have a native tasks app, it is unlikely that syncing tasks via Exchange will be supported anytime soon. CompanionLink is working on a wireless sync solution for Android - stay tuned!

dmayes
07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Kaena

Thank you very much for your response!