PDA

View Full Version : "Read Android Data" does not read calendar information on HTC Desire

xjamesb
07-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I have this bug. Please help.

1. To reproduce:

* HTC Desire with many contacts and calendar entries.
* DejaOffice 1.5.6
* Options > Sync with android contacts app [checked]
* Options > sync with android calendar app [checked]

2. I expect that when I click "Read Android data", Deja Office will import contacts and calendar events

3. What actually happens: contacts are imported and visible in DejaOffice, no calendar events are imported.

bry54
07-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure if this will answer your question but it is something I noticed with my phone.

Post #5 in this link:
http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?124-Calendar-not-syncing-on-Samsung-Moment

This is how I noticed it with my phone.
Go to the Android calendar and select Agenda. On my phone, appointments that are saved in the phone only have a blue vertical bar to the left of the event. Those that were imported/sync'd from my Gmail account have a red vertical bar.
When I enter a new event/appointment on my phone into the stock calendar application I have to make sure that in the 1st field (above the 'What'/event name field) I have selected my Gmail account. It is a dropdown selection choice. The other selection on my phone is "My Calendar."
Whenever I save the event/appointment to my Gmail account it shows up on the Agenda screen with a red vertical bar to the left. It also syncs to my Gmail account and also is sync'd to the DJO Calendar when I press "Read Android Data" in DJO. If I enter and save the new event/appointment with 'My Calendar' selected in the dropdown it is saved to my phone only and doesn't sync with either Gmail or DJO Calendar.
But if I add a new event/appointment into DJO Calendar I do not need to select whether it is saved into my 'My Calendar' on the phone or my Gmail account. It is automatically saved as a Gmail event and sync's to my Gmail and is shown with a red bar on the stock calendar Agenda screen. And anything I add to the Google Calendar via my PC is automatically sync'd to the stock Android phone calendar (showing with a red bar in Agenda) and syncs with DJO Calendar.

I don't know if this is the way it is working with others on their phones. But it is what has been working for me. I have not tried any of this yet using Companionlink. For the time being I have decided to 1st make sure everything is working properly between DJO, the Android phone calendar & Google before I add any of my Outlook files to the mix. It's easier for me to keep track of how each application is working with the other.

Forgot to mention, my phone is an HTC Eris.

xjamesb
07-05-2010, 05:18 AM
I think the situation is this:

The HTC Desire has several calendars and multiple sync mechanisms.

* Android built in calendar syncs with Primary Google Calendar if native sync is used. (I don't do this)
* HTC PC Sync syncs with HTC Android calendar which is called "PC Sync" (I now use Companionlink instead)

Companionlink syncs Outlook with the Android Built-in Calendar.

HTC Calendar can show the Built-in Android Calendar and therefore using Companionlink USB sync does work for me and I see the same information in DejaCal and HTC Calendar.

bry54
07-05-2010, 08:50 AM
xjameb,

I did not know Companionlink will read the internal Android calendar. Something I will remember when I start using it.
Does it also import the external Google Holidays calendar after they are sent to my phone after I sync to Google. For some reason they are loaded into the Android "My Calendar" (shown as blue in stock Agenda) instead of red like I describe above. I've checked the Google calendar settings but haven't found a way to change that yet.
Thanks for the info.