PDA

View Full Version : Blank category appearing

BamBam
07-05-2010, 09:48 AM
After updating to the most recent client side (DejaOffice v. 1.5.6 (6/30/2010)) and PC side releases to resolve the problem with corrupted categories appearing and color coding being removed (both are fixed now, thanks!) I have noticed another odd behavior that I wanted to share. Specifically, I have noticed in the past few days that if I open the Categories option I will see a blank entry listed immediately below the "All Categories" option. I do not find any items assigned to this category, and I am able to delete it from the client without a problem, but at some point it will return again with a different color coding assigned to it (it seems to rotate through the available colors).

So far this has been a low impact issue, but I wanted to report it in case it may be related to a larger issue "under the hood" which could impact data integrity.

Eric
07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this, BamBam. We'll take a closer look at it.

Eric
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
BamBam, we weren't able to replicate this behavior. We think that you might have a record with a blank/corrupted category name, and that's why this category is coming up in DejaOffice.

BamBam
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
BamBam, we weren't able to replicate this behavior. We think that you might have a record with a blank/corrupted category name, and that's why this category is coming up in DejaOffice.

I have verified in the Palm desktop that all categories are properly assigned so I am not certain that is the problem. I noticed an additional behavior today when in DejaContacts where if I tap the category bar and select the blank category, DejaContacts still displays all of my contacts (approximately 515). Switching to other individual categories filters the list appropriately, but switching back to the blank category will once again display all categories the same as if the "All Categories" option is selected.

Eric
07-13-2010, 06:15 PM
BamBam, we want to get a copy of your DejaOffice log so that we can take a closer look at this; I'll send you an email with instructions on how to generate a log.