PDA

View Full Version : CL4.0 (4044) for OL - DJO 1.11.7

McLion
05-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Hi

I've installed the latest CL and DJO and there are some things I find rather strange.

- On one of the subsequent syncs (activated to sync bothways) it cleared all of the birthday dates from OL!
- After syncronization the apps on the Android are empty. After some minutes the data seems to appear ... somehow.
- Though I have selected to sync to the Android calendar in DJO (local account, not Google account), the android Calendar stays empty after a purge sync. Subsequent entries are synced, but only these.
- Contacts needed to be synced to the google account on the Android because the internal phone memory can not be selected. Actually works, so it's not a real problem, but a flaw anyway.
- Another flaw: Advanced options Phone number format resets the country code to 1 upon every opening. One has to make sure to correct it everytime. It should keep the value set or stay empty if needed empty.
- There are some translations missing as well as some translations in the menu are horrible (German).

I am using a HTC Desire S and sync to OL2007 on W7.

Thomas
05-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi

I've installed the latest CL and DJO and there are some things I find rather strange.

- On one of the subsequent syncs (activated to sync bothways) it cleared all of the birthday dates from OL!
- After syncronization the apps on the Android are empty. After some minutes the data seems to appear ... somehow.
- Though I have selected to sync to the Android calendar in DJO (local account, not Google account), the android Calendar stays empty after a purge sync. Subsequent entries are synced, but only these.
- Contacts needed to be synced to the google account on the Android because the internal phone memory can not be selected. Actually works, so it's not a real problem, but a flaw anyway.
- Another flaw: Advanced options Phone number format resets the country code to 1 upon every opening. One has to make sure to correct it everytime. It should keep the value set or stay empty if needed empty.
- There are some translations missing as well as some translations in the menu are horrible (German).

I am using a HTC Desire S and sync to OL2007 on W7.

Hello McLion,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with OL Birthdays. If I read your post correctly the Birthday data is in Native Android but not in Outlook? Is that correct?
Regarding international Phone dialing codes please use this article to configure COmpanionLink:
[AB42741] The Phone Format options allow you to customize the way that phone numbers synchronize between your contact manager and your handheld device. You can access these options in CompanionLink Settings/Advanced Settings/Phone Format tab.

Here is a description of each option:

Use US formatting for phone numbers:
If this option is checked, any 10-digit phone numbers in your contact manager will synchronize to your handheld device using the US phone number format (###)###-####.

Automatically include extensions:
If this option is checked, telephone extensions will be synchronized along with phone numbers. Extensions will be denoted by the symbol specified in the "Symbol to use for extensions" field (see below).

Clear leading zero on phone numbers:
In many phone numbers outside North America, a "0" digit immediately following the country code is used as a national direct dialing prefix. In some contexts it may be desirable to remove this "leading 0" when synchronizing to your handheld device. This can be facilitated by checking the "Clear leading zero on phone numbers" option.

If "Clear leading zero on phone numbers" is checked, any phone number in your contact manager that includes a leading "0" AND has a country code that does not match your local country code (see below) will synchronize to your handheld device with the leading "0" omitted. Conversely, any phone number in your contact manager that includes a leading "0" AND has a country code that matches your local country code will synchronize to your handheld device with the leading "0" included.

Example without matching local country code:
Phone number in contact manager: +44 03141592653
Local Country code: 33
Synchronizes to handheld device as: +44 3141592653

Example with matching local country code:
Phone number in contact manager: +44 03141592653

Local Country code: 44
Synchronizes to handheld device as: 03141592653
(NOTE: In this example, the leading "0" is preserved and the local country code is removed. See "Local Country Code" below for more information).

Symbol to use for extensions:
If the "Automatically include extensions" option is checked, any telephone extensions synchronized to your handheld device will be denoted by the symbol specified here.

Local Country Code:
Any phone number in your contact manager with a country code that matches the local country code specified in this field will be synchronized to your handheld device with the country code omitted. Conversely, any phone number in your contact manager with a country code that does not match the local country code specified in this field will be synchronized to your handheld device with the country code included.

Example without matching local country code:
Phone number in contact manager: +49 66 2606 8
Local Country code: 31
Synchronizes to handheld device as: +49 66 2606 8

Example with matching local country code:
Phone number in contact manager: +49 66 2606 8
Local Country code: 49
Synchronizes to handheld device as: 66 2606 8

Sync All Country Codes:
Selecting this option disables the local country code and does not allow you enter a local country code. This function replaces the need to put 9999 for local country code.

I hope this information helps.

McLion
05-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Thomas,

Birthdays have vanished everywhere, in OL as well as in DJO and native Android.
I had to reenter in OL. So far, they stayed this time ... lets see what the future brings ;-)

International Dialing: I do understand how it works and I got my numbers from OL to DJO like I wanted. I just wanted to let you know that there is a flaw in CL that can easily lead to unexpected results on the Mobile.
- Open CompanionLink Settings/Advanced Settings/Phone Format
- Delete the default '1' in Local Country Code
- Sync now works as supposed
- Open CompanionLink Settings/Advanced Settings/Phone Format again
- The 1 is back there .. it did not save the setting of having no country code.

btw: I'd volunteer for the translations if needed.

Franz