PDA

View Full Version : ACT! 2011 won't sync with iPad2

phcdave
05-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Is anyone having success syncing an ACT! database with an iPad2?

My contacts sync, but during the calendar sync DejaOffice shuts down on the iPad and Companionlink hangs up on the PC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thomas
06-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Is anyone having success syncing an ACT! database with an iPad2?

My contacts sync, but during the calendar sync DejaOffice shuts down on the iPad and Companionlink hangs up on the PC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello phdcave,

We are in the process of isolating a random issue with some Apple Device users that prevent them from being able to Sync their Calendar. We apologize for the inconvenience.
You can try two possible workarounds:
1. Update to DejaOffice 1.2.2. We have had some success with this for some users with this problem.
2. Try using the Secure Hosted Server Sync option. There is free trial period to test with and some users have reported this resolves the problem.

In the mean time we are working hard to find a fix for this.

phcdave
06-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks Thomas,

I upgraded to DJO 1.2.2 and get the same results. I synced my Contacts only and that worked fine. Unfortunately, when I synced my Calendar by itself it shut down on the iPad like before, and it duplicated some of my appointments on my PC in ACT!

I'll try the Secure Hosted Server.

Thomas
06-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks Thomas,

I upgraded to DJO 1.2.2 and get the same results. I synced my Contacts only and that worked fine. Unfortunately, when I synced my Calendar by itself it shut down on the iPad like before, and it duplicated some of my appointments on my PC in ACT!

I'll try the Secure Hosted Server.

Make sure you execute a Purge N Reload Changing Sync Methods a little tricky.
Let me know if you have any questions.

phcdave
06-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Thomas, are they making any progress on the calendar syncing issue? This is very disappointing.

Thanks.

Thomas
06-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Thomas, are they making any progress on the calendar syncing issue? This is very disappointing.

Thanks.

We are in the process of completely re-writing the calendar app. Sorry for the delay, but please stay tuned!

phcdave
07-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Thomas,

I just downloaded the latest build to Companionlink (4046). Now DJO completes the sync, but I keep getting multiple events scheduled in my calendar.

Any ETA on the re-writing of the calendar app?

Thanks

Thomas
07-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Thomas,

I just downloaded the latest build to Companionlink (4046). Now DJO completes the sync, but I keep getting multiple events scheduled in my calendar.

Any ETA on the re-writing of the calendar app?

Thanks

In progress now. We submitted 1.2.4 to Apple last week. It should show up on the iTunes store soon. Now we begin the Calendar rewrite.

phcdave
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey Thomas,

How's the Calendar rewrite coming along? I just installed ACT! 2012 and updated CL to Build 4049. The sync completes now, but I get double activities in my calendar on my ipad2. It seems like you guys are making progress.

Thanks.

Thomas
09-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Hey Thomas,

How's the Calendar rewrite coming along? I just installed ACT! 2012 and updated CL to Build 4049. The sync completes now, but I get double activities in my calendar on my ipad2. It seems like you guys are making progress.

Thanks.

phcdave,

DejaOffice 1.2.5 is still in development but progressing. :)
Regarding your duplicates - Are you syncing with Native Calendar?

phcdave
09-02-2011, 08:12 AM
What is Native Calendar?

Thomas
09-02-2011, 08:17 AM
What is Native Calendar?

The Calendar application that is build into your Apple device. Whenever we refer to "Native" we are talking about the built in OS version of either Contacts or Calendar.

phcdave
09-02-2011, 08:38 AM
No, I don't have it set to sync with Apple's Calendar.

Thanks.

Thomas
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
No, I don't have it set to sync with Apple's Calendar.

Thanks.

Are the duplicate Calendar entries in your PC Data?
If the PC data is Clean, I suggest doing a Purge and Reload of the PC Data.
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
2. Click on Outlook Settings (Or whatever data manger your use)
3. In the Applications tab click on the Purge and Reload Calendar check box.
4. Click OK
5. Sync your phone.
This process will overwrite the data in DejaOffice with the data form your PC Calendar. So make sure everything in your PC Calendar is in correct form before doing it.

Glad to hear things are getting better for you.

phcdave
09-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks Thomas. I have been doing Purge and Reloads but I still get the duplicates. PC Data is clean.

Thomas
09-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks Thomas. I have been doing Purge and Reloads but I still get the duplicates. PC Data is clean.

I would look in two directions....
1. You could be possibly syncing two calendar folders to DejaOffice from your PC. (What Desktop app do use to manage your data?)
I can offer some suggestions of where to look in CompanionLink Setup if I have that info.

2. look at what kind of data is populated in the iOS calendar. Do you see DejaOffice data in your Native Calendar?

phcdave
09-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I use ACT 2012 and Companionlink

Native Calendar is blank.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas
09-19-2011, 10:02 AM
I use ACT 2012 and Companionlink

Native Calendar is blank.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Dave,

We have a known intermittent issue with Calendar Sync right now. DejaOffice 1.2.5 is a complete rewrite of the Calendar Application code, designed to address your issue and others as well. We expect this to be released very soon. Thank you to everyone for your patience in this matter.

phcdave
09-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Thomas,

It works! I just upgraded DJO and Companionlink, did a sync and.....VICTORY.

I have one more question. Do you recommend syncing with Apple's iPad calendar and contacts?

Thanks again,

Dave

Thomas
09-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Dave,

So glad to jear this is working. That was our intention for this release.
Syncing with Native iOS apps is a two way sync. So any data already in the native apps will sync to DejaOffice.
Just keep that in mind because there may be possible duplicates if iOS data is not empty.

Thomas
09-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Thomas,

It works! I just upgraded DJO and Companionlink, did a sync and.....VICTORY.

I have one more question. Do you recommend syncing with Apple's iPad calendar and contacts?

Thanks again,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting your positive results here. We always appreciate honest feedback. Please keep us up to date on how things are going.
We also would appreciate feedback in the iTunes Store.

Thanks,

phcdave
09-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Thomas,

Can you tell me how to add a note in DJO on my ipad and have it synch to my ACT database on my PC? It doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks.

Thomas
09-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Thomas,

Can you tell me how to add a note in DJO on my ipad and have it synch to my ACT database on my PC? It doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

According to this support article:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Configuring_CompanionLink_for_ACT!
Syncing notes only occurs one way with ACT!

I do know of users who get around this by syncing notes with Outlook instead of Act!
If you want more info on how to do this ping me and I will get that to you. There are a couple of ways to do that depending on what version of CompanionLink you are using.