PDA

View Full Version : New Feature Request - change of time zones

PalmLover
06-01-2011, 08:53 AM
It would be great to have a choice under calendar setting to indicate that when your time zone changes whether or not to adjust all of your appointments to the new time zone - As a business traveler when I make appointments in other time zones, I will make my appointment notations recognizing the time zone that I am traveling to - The way things work now, when I arrive in the "new" time zone, all my appointments are off - Also I can be making appointments in multiple time zones based upon my travel schedule - It would be great to have this level of control.

Thomas
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
It would be great to have a choice under calendar setting to indicate that when your time zone changes whether or not to adjust all of your appointments to the new time zone - As a business traveler when I make appointments in other time zones, I will make my appointment notations recognizing the time zone that I am traveling to - The way things work now, when I arrive in the "new" time zone, all my appointments are off - Also I can be making appointments in multiple time zones based upon my travel schedule - It would be great to have this level of control.

Hello PalmLover,

The CTO has made working out the reginal and global travel/location and Time Zone issues a top priority. I will forward your comments to him. Thanks

rjbinney
06-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey, I was just checking to see what was cooking on this... I did an "Advanced Search" as I'd written a really really really really long post about this in the fall, and couldn't find it... You guys deleting posts? (Particularly when you should be fixing Google's Time Zone Conundrum??!?)

Thomas
06-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Hey, I was just checking to see what was cooking on this... I did an "Advanced Search" as I'd written a really really really really long post about this in the fall, and couldn't find it... You guys deleting posts? (Particularly when you should be fixing Google's Time Zone Conundrum??!?)

Hello rjbinney,
I kept it simple and clicked on your profile and clicked view forum posts. I found this:
http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?1148-Tasks-showing-up-one-day-earlier&p=4594#post4594
So to answer your question, no we are not deleting forum posts.

The dev team met on this subject and discussed it at length a little over a week ago. Development is in process.

rjbinney
06-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I couldn't find it when I did that.

sskeir
07-13-2011, 07:30 PM
So at this point in time, there's no way to 'correct' the problem where Deja Office changes all my scheduled appointments to the time zone we are currently in? That is, if I schedule an appointment while I'm home in Honolulu for a client in DC for 12:00 pm, when I get to DC my appointment has been shifted on my Deja calendar to 6:00 pm (6 hours later) as soon as I turn on my phone after landing in DC. There's no setting on Deja calendar that would allow me to keep appointments where they are originally scheduled? Any idea when a 'fix' will be made available?

Thomas
07-14-2011, 08:10 AM
So at this point in time, there's no way to 'correct' the problem where Deja Office changes all my scheduled appointments to the time zone we are currently in? That is, if I schedule an appointment while I'm home in Honolulu for a client in DC for 12:00 pm, when I get to DC my appointment has been shifted on my Deja calendar to 6:00 pm (6 hours later) as soon as I turn on my phone after landing in DC. There's no setting on Deja calendar that would allow me to keep appointments where they are originally scheduled? Any idea when a 'fix' will be made available?

Hello sskeir,

We are working on some ideas in house to fix this. One would be the ability to embed a time zone to an appointment.
While in Honolulu you create an event for Washington D.C. and set the time zone for the event to Eastern Time Zone U.S. That event fires at 12PM Eastern time, regardless of where you are. :)
That is what we are working on right now. I will keep everyone informed on our progress.

rfo
01-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Hi Thomas,

It's over 18 months later and it seems this issue is still not resolved, unless my problem is something else. I just travelled abroad (across one time zone) and back, and my calendar events have all shifted one hour forward. This is not logical, because if they were affected by local time zone, they should have shifted forward when in the new time zone, and then shifted backward again when I returned. It is a real *%#&!, because I only found this out after having entered new events and now have no idea which ones are at the right or wrong time, and have to confirm with others for months ahead !

rfo
11-30-2018, 05:54 AM
It's been working fine for a while, until I had exactly the same problem yesterday. I went to -1h and back to my time zone in 24h, now everything has shifted one hour forward, though all events still show correct time zone (Central European Time), and my default option for time zone is NO shift.

Thomas
11-30-2018, 07:56 AM
Rfo,

Give this a try for me:

1. Open DejaOffice
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap DejaCalendar Settings
4. Scroll to the bottom and tap Rebuild Calendar display. Then tap Ok\Yes

Return to the DejaCalendar, do the items correct?

To do some testing on my end, I see you are in CET, what was the timezone you visited?

rfo
11-30-2018, 09:48 AM
Thank you for your prompt return Thomas. I didn't get to trying your solution: I restarted my phone and everything went back to normal... Not sure why this or your solution should be necessary however.

Thomas
11-30-2018, 11:43 AM
We read all timezone information from the device. A reboot of the phone would force the phone to get the timezone from the closest cell tower. Sometimes this can become "stuck". A Power off and on can fix a number of problems on any phone.