PDA

View Full Version : After 1.2.2 update

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Just updated & followed the "Import Contacts" instructions then ran a sync, everything looked fine, but then changed a contact in Outlook (removed a work phone number) and re-synced and the contact is unchanged in DJO contacts. Are there additional settings that need to change?

Also, does this change to using the DJO contacts database mean that other Apps don't have access to the contacts?

Tks - Matt

Thomas
06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Just updated & followed the "Import Contacts" instructions then ran a sync, everything looked fine, but then changed a contact in Outlook (removed a work phone number) and re-synced and the contact is unchanged in DJO contacts. Are there additional settings that need to change?

Also, does this change to using the DJO contacts database mean that other Apps don't have access to the contacts?

Tks - Matt

Hi Matt,

Other third party apps do not have access to the DJO contacts database. THat is why we offer the option to Sync with the native iOS Contacts database. This allows you to customize your experience. I personally put a hedge around my business contacts and keep them in DJO. All my personal contact info is stored in the iOS database. THat just works for me but now you have the flexibility to decide.

What build of CompanionLink are you using?

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Hey Thomas - Maybe I misunderstood the DJO 1.2.2 release notes that say "DejaOffice no longer stores its contacts in the Apple contacts app." Doesn't that mean we can't use the iOS Contacts database. How / where is the setting to "decide".

I am using CL Build 4042. I have synced 4 more times since 6/1 and the contact still has not updated on the phone (DejaContacts or Apple), nor has the phone contact overwritten the Outlook one? It seems like the sync is just ignoring the difference.

Thomas
06-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey Thomas - Maybe I misunderstood the DJO 1.2.2 release notes that say "DejaOffice no longer stores its contacts in the Apple contacts app." Doesn't that mean we can't use the iOS Contacts database. How / where is the setting to "decide".

I am using CL Build 4042. I have synced 4 more times since 6/1 and the contact still has not updated on the phone (DejaContacts or Apple), nor has the phone contact overwritten the Outlook one? It seems like the sync is just ignoring the difference.

Hi Matt,

The when you first opened 1.2.2 there was screen prompting you import your Contacts from the native iOS database. Did you import?
That is going to determine how the data is managed.
http://www.companionlink.com/blog/

There is a great explanation here.

The separate Contacts database allows us to do things with Contacts that we were blocked from doing before.

Thomas
06-03-2011, 10:13 AM

Can you try updating to 4044 and then turn on logging.
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
2. Press "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"L"
3. Sync your phone.

Let me know what happens after the sync with 4044.
If it doesn't work as expected we can examine the log.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Still didn't sync / I tried to attache the log but uploader said file too large (2.5M).

As far as the DJO vs iOS contact database, what I found in the blog is "If youd like to take advantage of features that the native address book offers (such as caller ID), you will still be able to sync DejaContacts with the native Address Book.", but it didn't say how.....?

Matt

Thomas
06-03-2011, 01:59 PM
I will send you a private message with instructions on what to do with the log.
Too much spam if we open the forums to people to post files like that.

Thomas
06-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Still didn't sync / I tried to attache the log but uploader said file too large (2.5M).

As far as the DJO vs iOS contact database, what I found in the blog is "If youd like to take advantage of features that the native address book offers (such as caller ID), you will still be able to sync DejaContacts with the native Address Book.", but it didn't say how.....?

Matt

Matt,

You can either run the setup wizard. Or:
1. Open DejaOffice
2. Select Settings and then tap the "Sync with Apple's Contacts" option.
3. Sync your Phone. (I get the irony that the sync issue is you reported is probably preventing this.)

Please try this and report back what happens next.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-04-2011, 11:20 AM
That is the setting it was on all this time. See attached.99

I understand the spam issue, just let me know how to get the log to you.

Thanks - Matt

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh, and to confirm I did run the Import Contacts when I first opened 1.2.2.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Thomas - I did some more trial & error and have found that it has something to do with deleting the number in the "work" phone number field. I tried it with a few more contacts and when I erase (backspace over or highlight and hit delete) the work number and then save the contact, then sync with CL the update does not carry to the DJO or native database. When I add a number to the work number field it does update in both databases. Let me know if and how you want the log.

Matt

Thomas
06-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Thomas - I did some more trial & error and have found that it has something to do with deleting the number in the "work" phone number field. I tried it with a few more contacts and when I erase (backspace over or highlight and hit delete) the work number and then save the contact, then sync with CL the update does not carry to the DJO or native database. When I add a number to the work number field it does update in both databases. Let me know if and how you want the log.

Matt

Hi Matt,

You present some interesting information that I am very curious about.

I can have some testing done on. I want to make sure I understand the triggering mechanism:
Editing the work Phone number field ... In Native contacts, or in DJO, or in Outlook?
Please clarify this point.

ZIP the log file and send it to:
support@dejaoffice.com
Subject = ATTN THomas
Body = Link to this thread.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
I edited the contact in Outlook (2003), Saved & Closed then sync'd to DJO.

Email with log sent per instructions above.

Matt

Thomas
06-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I edited the contact in Outlook (2003), Saved & Closed then sync'd to DJO.

Email with log sent per instructions above.

Matt

What was the name of the event in the Calendar? So I can look for it in the log.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Contacts not events, and I did it on two different ones. The original was "Matthew Joanna & Julia ____ " and the 2nd was "Marlene Meyer".

Thomas
06-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Contacts not events, and I did it on two different ones. The original was "Matthew Joanna & Julia ____ " and the 2nd was "Marlene Meyer".

Thank you!

Thomas
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Thank you!

Log indicates the last time Matthew Joanna & Julia____ was modified was June1st. Is this correct?

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
That was the first time I removed the work phone number and sync'd. Subsequently one of the sync's replaced the record in outlook with the one from DJO so I edited it again on June 7 and sync'd a couple times since then, last one at 4:51pm. I will email a screen shot showing the record in a reply to the support ticket email. Did the log only record the one sync back on 6/1 or does it keep recording after it is turned on? Do I need to turn it on again and re-sync?

Thomas
06-08-2011, 12:02 PM
That was the first time I removed the work phone number and sync'd. Subsequently one of the sync's replaced the record in outlook with the one from DJO so I edited it again on June 7 and sync'd a couple times since then, last one at 4:51pm. I will email a screen shot showing the record in a reply to the support ticket email. Did the log only record the one sync back on 6/1 or does it keep recording after it is turned on? Do I need to turn it on again and re-sync?

Yes,

Logging only stays on for 24 hours.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I just sent an new log from a new sync, attached to the support ticket email.

Thomas
06-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I just sent an new log from a new sync, attached to the support ticket email.

Hi Matt,

We are still trying to determine the issue with this. Will keep you posted as I learn anything new.

jwray
06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I upgraded to 1.22 and Imported Contacts as required under Release Notes. The import was taking a long time, so I cancelled and now I have multiple duplcate contacts in DJO. How do I eliminate this issue?
Thanks

Thomas
06-14-2011, 08:03 AM
I upgraded to 1.22 and Imported Contacts as required under Release Notes. The import was taking a long time, so I cancelled and now I have multiple duplcate contacts in DJO. How do I eliminate this issue?
Thanks

Hello jwray,

Follow these steps:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup
2. Select Outlook Settings (Or the name of the Application you sync with if it is not Outlook)
3. In the Applications Tab select the Purge n Reload Contacts Check box and click OK.
4. Sync your phone.
If the import process took a long time I would suspect that the Purge N Reload will take some time as well. Please be patient with this process. I do not advise cancelling in the middle.

Thomas
06-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Hello jwray,

Follow these steps:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup
2. Select Outlook Settings (Or the name of the Application you sync with if it is not Outlook)
3. In the Applications Tab select the Purge n Reload Contacts Check box and click OK.
4. Sync your phone.
If the import process took a long time I would suspect that the Purge N Reload will take some time as well. Please be patient with this process. I do not advise cancelling in the middle.

Hi Matt,

Can you please turn off Optimized Update Syn in CompanionLink?
Steps:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on the PC Desktop.
2. Click Options and uncheck the "Optimized Update Sync" option.

Let me know if that helps.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
It did not change the result. That record still has a work phone on the phone and no work phone in Outlook.
New info which may or may not be related. Today, I edited the business address and notes of a contact in Outlook then performed a sync. The phone record overwrote the Outlook record (returning it to it's original state). I had not edited this contact on the phone, but I had place a call to the contact since my previous sync, as follows:
Previous Sync = 2011-06-08 (same as the log I sent)
Phone call placed to contact = 2011-06-10
Sync today = 2011-06-16

I re-edited the contact in Outlook, re-sync'd and this time the Outlook contact overwrote the phone. No setting changes and exam same edits to the contact.

As discussed I am now in the habit of checking my contacts sorted by "Modified" date each time I sync which alerted me to this situation.

Thanks,

Matt

Thomas
06-17-2011, 08:06 AM
It did not change the result. That record still has a work phone on the phone and no work phone in Outlook.
New info which may or may not be related. Today, I edited the business address and notes of a contact in Outlook then performed a sync. The phone record overwrote the Outlook record (returning it to it's original state). I had not edited this contact on the phone, but I had place a call to the contact since my previous sync, as follows:
Previous Sync = 2011-06-08 (same as the log I sent)
Phone call placed to contact = 2011-06-10
Sync today = 2011-06-16

I re-edited the contact in Outlook, re-sync'd and this time the Outlook contact overwrote the phone. No setting changes and exam same edits to the contact.

As discussed I am now in the habit of checking my contacts sorted by "Modified" date each time I sync which alerted me to this situation.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

This information is helpful to isolating this on our end.
Have you ever tried the Reread Outlook Data setting in the Options dropdown of CompanionLink?
This function actually has CompanionLink reread your entire Outlook database instead of just syncing the changed records. This is not meant to be a solution but it may help until we can get this fixed.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Changed the option as stated above and no difference / still different records. However, one thing I noticed is that the record counters didn't seem to match up. The PC counter when "Reading Outlook" went to 892 but the phone counter when "Saving data" went to 886, but the main screen and usual sync counter says 887 (see attached).
I also tried changing the Primary Database to "Records deleted in both...will be sync.." and didn't make a difference.

Thomas
06-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Changed the option as stated above and no difference / still different records. However, one thing I noticed is that the record counters didn't seem to match up. The PC counter when "Reading Outlook" went to 892 but the phone counter when "Saving data" went to 886, but the main screen and usual sync counter says 887 (see attached).
I also tried changing the Primary Database to "Records deleted in both...will be sync.." and didn't make a difference.

Matt,
Hi Matt,
The sync counter (if this is what you are referring to) is not an absolute form of determining the exact number of records synced. Have you determined that there is a missing record in DejaOffice?
Please Advise.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-20-2011, 10:04 AM
No, haven't identified anything missing, just wondering if possibly the sync is "skipping" that record which won't seem to update. Should I try a Purge and Reload All? Will that also purge and reload the Apple database since I have that being sync'd with the DJO database?
Thanks,
Matt

Thomas
06-20-2011, 10:08 AM
No, haven't identified anything missing, just wondering if possibly the sync is "skipping" that record which won't seem to update. Should I try a Purge and Reload All? Will that also purge and reload the Apple database since I have that being sync'd with the DJO database?
Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
I would try a Reread Outlook Data before I tried a PnR. It is much less intrusive a process, and designed for this kind of situation. A normal Sync updated records that have been flagged in Outlook as Changed. Sometimes items get missed so we put the reread data in the Options Menu. You can actually reread Outlook (Or any other PIM you are using) or DejaOffice this way if you are concerned a record was not updated.

I hope this helps.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Thomas - I tried the Reread Outlook Data and reported it in my 06-17-2011 09:06 AM post / it still does not pick up that record as changed. So that's why I was wondering if the next step might be the PnR or just continue waiting for your solution.....?

Also, just fyi, I just updated to DJO 1.2.3 and no difference on syncing the records with work phone # removed.
Thanks - Matt

Thomas
06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Thomas - I tried the Reread Outlook Data and reported it in my 06-17-2011 09:06 AM post / it still does not pick up that record as changed. So that's why I was wondering if the next step might be the PnR or just continue waiting for your solution.....?

Also, just fyi, I just updated to DJO 1.2.3 and no difference on syncing the records with work phone # removed.
Thanks - Matt

If you have already tried the Reread than please do A PnR. Sorry I missed that. Let me know what happens.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-20-2011, 11:03 AM
The PnR did update all records so now those records are sync'd. After, I removed the work phone from another record in Outlook and resync'd and the record did not update on the phone.

Thomas
06-20-2011, 11:13 AM
The PnR did update all records so now those records are sync'd. After, I removed the work phone from another record in Outlook and resync'd and the record did not update on the phone.

OK.
Can you turn on logging and then do a Reread?
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on the PC Desktop.
2. Press "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"L" 9Verify Logging enabled dialog appears)
3. Execute reread and please check the results. If it does not update I will have you submit the log file.

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Done and the record did not update. I just email the log and record name to you via the support@___ email ticket.
Matt

Thomas
06-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Done and the record did not update. I just email the log and record name to you via the support@___ email ticket.
Matt

That file has to be zipped or it will not make it through ticket processing. Did you send it to DejaOffice or CompanionLink Suport?

Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone
06-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes, it was zipped to 830k sent to the @DejaOffice by replying to the support ticket email with the subject field still reading "CompanionLink Support (General) (Ticket 4618118)".

Thomas
08-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks Matt. Let me know if you need any additional help getting this resolved