PDA

View Full Version : Companion Link Pro - DejaOffice iPad2 Calendar Problem

MartySantic
06-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Just paid the $80 to upgrade to Companion Link Pro as I now have an iPhone4 and iPad2. Synch to the iPhone4 is OK.

Have a major problem synching the Outlook 2007 calendar to the iPad2. The synch fails about 75% of the way thru the process. I receive a message "Completed Calendar". The progress bar in Companion Link Pro stops at about 75% complete, the DejaOffice application halts, and then minutes later I receive a Companion Link Pro error message, "Internet Error - Unable to Connect to Server".

Have tried a number of things. I have deleted DejaOffice and reloaded a new copy from the AppStore.

My final attempt was as follows. I started with a fresh copy of DejaOffice. In Companion Link Pro under included applications I checked Tasks and Notes, Outlook to Apple Device and selected purge. The tasks and notes loaded. Then checked Tasks and Notes, Synch both ways and the synch appeared to be successful.

Then I checked Contacts, Outlook to Apple Device and selected purge (with Calendar, Tasks and Notes not selected). The contacts loaded. Then with Contacts checkedd, Synch both ways and the synch appeared successful.

Then I selected all three (Contacts, Tasks, Notes), Synch both ways and the synch appeared to be successful.

Then I solely selected the Calendar, Outlook to Apple Device and selected purge. Same result....The synch fails about 75% of the way thru the process. I receive a message "Completed Calendar". The progress bar in Companion Link Pro stops at about 75% complete, the DejaOffice application halts, and then minutes later I receive a Companion Link Pro error message, "Internet Error - Unable to Connect to Server".

Then selected all four, synch both ways and ended up with duplicate calendar items in Outlook. (Appears a though the calendar synch did not complete the first time and did not keep track of the individual calendar items). Not happy and glad I have an Outlook backup file.

I purchased PRO so I could use both the iPhone and iPad. Would like a solution to this issue or I will have to request a refund as Companion Link Pro does not appear to fully function with the iPad.

MartySantic
06-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Then after one synch, the calendar on the iPhone FAILED!!!! All settings set to synch both ways for the iPhone4.

MartySantic
06-03-2011, 08:08 PM
And because of the multiple DejaOffice load an reload attempts, I received 12, yes 12 notifications for the SAME event on the iPad and 4 notifications for the same event on the iPhone. ALL of them were DejaOffice notifications.

AND, on my last iPad load attempt I did not load the calendar due to the problems. So with nothing in the DejaOffice calendar on the iPad2 I STILL received the 12 notifications for the SAME event.

Thomas
06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
And because of the multiple DejaOffice load an reload attempts, I received 12, yes 12 notifications for the SAME event on the iPad and 4 notifications for the same event on the iPhone. ALL of them were DejaOffice notifications.

AND, on my last iPad load attempt I did not load the calendar due to the problems. So with nothing in the DejaOffice calendar on the iPad2 I STILL received the 12 notifications for the SAME event.

Hi Marty,

Just verifying that you are clear why this is occurring and that we are working on this. Please feel free to respond if you have any further concerns, questions, or new information to contribute to the thread.