PDA

View Full Version : Deja Contacts failing on iPhone

M002
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi, I use Deja Office on an iPhone 3GS currently using 4.3.3 software. I have been synchronizing from ACT! Using Companion Link Pro. I was successful in properly syncing the iPad 2, but am having many difficulties using the iPhone. Here are some of the problems:
1. When it does sync properly after a Purge and Reload, it says it syncs 9300+ Contacts when I only have 8400 Contacts in Act
2. The Majority of the contacts are duplicates, if not all of them. In addition, only about 1200 actually show up.
3. Many times, when searching for a specific contact just on the iPhone (Not in Deja Contact Search), the searched contact will not show up, and Deja Office will crash, resulting in me having to uninstall and then re-install Deja Office, only to have to Purge and Reload all of the contacts again. When I say 'crash,' I mean that it gone to a state where I will enter Deja Office, and it will close out in roughly 4 seconds, OR, it will just go to a blank black screen for 15 seconds, before retuning me to the homescren.
4. Several times, Deja Office will quit mid-sync for no apparent reason. The iPhone is on Airplane Mode (syncing via wifi), and is not being interrupted by texts or phone calls.

This whole dilemma has been quite frustrating since I am a paying customer for Companion Link Pro and it is disrutping my schedule since I can't access my contacts. The Calendar is giving a host of problems as well, but they are insignificant compared to the importance of the contacts.

Please Help. Thank You.

Thomas
06-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi, I use Deja Office on an iPhone 3GS currently using 4.3.3 software. I have been synchronizing from ACT! Using Companion Link Pro. I was successful in properly syncing the iPad 2, but am having many difficulties using the iPhone. Here are some of the problems:
1. When it does sync properly after a Purge and Reload, it says it syncs 9300+ Contacts when I only have 8400 Contacts in Act
2. The Majority of the contacts are duplicates, if not all of them. In addition, only about 1200 actually show up.
3. Many times, when searching for a specific contact just on the iPhone (Not in Deja Contact Search), the searched contact will not show up, and Deja Office will crash, resulting in me having to uninstall and then re-install Deja Office, only to have to Purge and Reload all of the contacts again. When I say 'crash,' I mean that it gone to a state where I will enter Deja Office, and it will close out in roughly 4 seconds, OR, it will just go to a blank black screen for 15 seconds, before retuning me to the homescren.
4. Several times, Deja Office will quit mid-sync for no apparent reason. The iPhone is on Airplane Mode (syncing via wifi), and is not being interrupted by texts or phone calls.

This whole dilemma has been quite frustrating since I am a paying customer for Companion Link Pro and it is disrutping my schedule since I can't access my contacts. The Calendar is giving a host of problems as well, but they are insignificant compared to the importance of the contacts.

Please Help. Thank You.

M002,
I just want to be make sure you have configured 2 separate profiles in COmpanionLink Pro. 1 for your iPad and 1 for your iPhone. Correct? The problems you are having sound like at some point the Profiles got mixed, or you are only using one.
Please Advise