PDA

View Full Version : Monthly DejaOffice Calendar Item Showing up on Android Calendar Every Day

rbtnt
06-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I have a Droid Pro on 2.2.1 with DejaOffice 1.11.7. I do not use Gmail for contacts or calendar events.

I have a repeating monthly event on the last day of the month in my DejaOffice calendar. After I sync, the event shows up everyday as a single event in my Android calendar. Is there a way to have it show up only on the last day of the month in my Android calendar?

Thomas
06-09-2011, 08:34 AM
I have a Droid Pro on 2.2.1 with DejaOffice 1.11.7. I do not use Gmail for contacts or calendar events.

I have a repeating monthly event on the last day of the month in my DejaOffice calendar. After I sync, the event shows up everyday as a single event in my Android calendar. Is there a way to have it show up only on the last day of the month in my Android calendar?

Hi rbnt,

Sorry you are having trouble like this. I want to isolate this further. I will need a few pieces of information.
Are you syncing with CompanionLink?
If yes please specify the build number, Sync method, and PIM (Outlook, ACT!, Goldmine, etc.)
What is the original source of this event/ was it created in DejaOffice, or on your PC PIM?
Any additional information you can offer about this particular event is appreciated.

rbtnt
06-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I am using Companion Link 4.0 (Build 4025) via an USB cable to PC.
All my calendar events are entered in my PC in Outlook 2003.
The event looks fine in DejaOffice, just not in Android calendar.
I have deleted the event in DejaOffice, in Android calendar and Outlook many times and reentered in Outlook with the same results.
I noticed the Android calendar does not have an option for a repeating event for the last day of every month.

Thomas
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
I am using Companion Link 4.0 (Build 4025) via an USB cable to PC.
All my calendar events are entered in my PC in Outlook 2003.
The event looks fine in DejaOffice, just not in Android calendar.
I have deleted the event in DejaOffice, in Android calendar and Outlook many times and reentered in Outlook with the same results.
I noticed the Android calendar does not have an option for a repeating event for the last day of every month.

rbtnt,

If Android Calendar does not have an option for a repeating event at the end of the month it is a limitation of the Android Calendar.
Here a support article regarding Syncing with Android Calendar:
[AB42692] We recommend synchronizing to Android Contacts, because the contact database is used for the Dialer and incoming calls.

You can do this by setting DejaOffice Settings, Sync Settings, Sync Android Contacts.

We do not recommend synchronizing to Android Calendar. Android Calendar cannot display all PC recurring types. This includes Weekday recurrings from Outlook, or Custom Recurrings from Lotus Notes. Synchronizing to the Android Calendar can damage the events, and when they sync back to the PC the data on the PC will change.

To turn off Android Calendar sync go to DejaOffice Settings, Sync Settings and be sure Sync Android calendar is not checked.

To add a DejaCalendar shortcut, go to Android Desktop, Long-Press, select Shortcut, DejaOffice, DejaCalendar. This will give you one-tap access to DejaCalendar.

I hope this information helps.