PDA

View Full Version : Bug: PnR resets all setting on the Android

McLion
06-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Doing a PnR sync resets all settings done on the Android to their defaults.
Therefore, it also triggers the setup assistant and all the setup has to be redone.
This also leads to a needed second PnR sync because after the first one, data is purged from the Android but not reloaded due to the deletion of the settings and the assistant invoked.

Using the latest version of a CL and DJO on HTC Desire S with OL2007 on W7.

Thomas
06-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Doing a PnR sync resets all settings done on the Android to their defaults.
Therefore, it also triggers the setup assistant and all the setup has to be redone.
This also leads to a needed second PnR sync because after the first one, data is purged from the Android but not reloaded due to the deletion of the settings and the assistant invoked.

Using the latest version of a CL and DJO on HTC Desire S with OL2007 on W7.

McLion,

I am going to try reproduce this in house. Can you provide some additional information:
Android OS version of the Desire S
DejaOfffice 1.11.7?
Sync method?
Was the DejaOffice configured to Sync with Native Android Contacts and or Calendars?
Was Google Sync disabled for Contacts and Calendars?

Thanks

McLion
06-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Thomas,

I had this happen multiple times. I still do a lot of PnR from the Master PC to the Android because I am still struggling to set up to keep my Office PC (Master), my Android (as 'carrier') and my Private PC in sync (I'll open a separate thread for this later).

- Desire S Android version is 2.3.3
- DejaOffice is version 1.11.7
- CompanionLink 4.0 (4044) - direct USB
- DJO is configured to sync with native Android Contacts
(Have to use Google account on the Android because native phone memory is not visible from DJO sync)
- DJO is not configured to sync with native Android Calendar
- Android does not sync to the Google cloud
(I don't have (don't want!) contacts nor calendar items in the Google cloud)

Regards,
Franz