PDA

View Full Version : Serious bug. When SD card is full

Mar00k
06-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Bug is very simple. When SD card is absolutely full (0 bites free), DjO alarms are triggered on and on (DjO maybe cant write into it's DB info about snoozing).

I think DjO has to warn user about full SD card.

I lost about 10 minutes in trying to understand what is going on with DjO =)

Thomas
06-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Bug is very simple. When SD card is absolutely full (0 bites free), DjO alarms are triggered on and on (DjO maybe cant write into it's DB info about snoozing).

I think DjO has to warn user about full SD card.

I lost about 10 minutes in trying to understand what is going on with DjO =)

Mar00k,

I will present the idea about the full SD Card to Dev department.

For the benefit of other users I will say this:

What is going on is DejaOffice needs space on your SD Card to perform gracefully. This is not a bug. A 0 bites free scenario on the SD Card is not supported and I will add that you risk losing or corrupting data not only with DejaOffice but other third party applications that utilize the SD Card. You need to delete content from your SD Card and free up some space or replace it with a larger capacity SD Card. This type of behavior will continue until space is freed up.

Mar00k
06-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Thomas, please don't think i dont understand what are you talking about.

In fact lots of users are not interested in "what free space I have on SD card", and that's good.
I'm was programmer, too. And one of my rules as a programmer was "always create catch of exclusions".
Thomas, maybe in your code you are not use "divide by zero" control? Thinking that user just don't have to enter zero amount in that field??? =)

This is a bug. DjO internally has error something like "out of space". And DjO has to let user know about this, so user can free up some space.

Thomas
06-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Thomas, please don't think i dont understand what are you talking about.

In fact lots of users are not interested in "what free space I have on SD card", and that's good.
I'm was programmer, too. And one of my rules as a programmer was "always create catch of exclusions".
Thomas, maybe in your code you are not use "divide by zero" control? Thinking that user just don't have to enter zero amount in that field??? =)

This is a bug. DjO internally has error something like "out of space". And DjO has to let user know about this, so user can free up some space.

Honestly Mar00k I misread your post initially. I apologize for responding a bit strong. I see your point exactly and edited my comments in the above post to reflect a clearer understanding of what you were communicating. So just so everyone is clear we play nice in here. That standard applies for me too! :)
It is a great idea and I will see suggest it to the dev team immediately.

Mar00k
06-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks, Thomas.

I just think that DjO is good program. If dev team will keep working, DjO will be great program. And this is good for users, and me too =)

Thomas
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks, Thomas.

I just think that DjO is good program. If dev team will keep working, DjO will be great program. And this is good for users, and me too =)

I agree! This was a great catch. Thanks for sharing it.