PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to get dejatasks to return to one line display?

sandstones
06-22-2011, 11:45 AM
I just updated to 1.11.7 and task display has gone from 1 line per task to 2 lines per task. One line for the subject,and one line for the date. Since there are a pretty limited number of lines to begin with, this severely impacts the usability of dejatasks.

I've tried different font size, different display styles, rotating the phone, and it insists on this two line display, even when the subjects are all short.

Is there any way to revert back to the previously type of display? (which was 1 line per task, irregardless)

Thomas
06-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I just updated to 1.11.7 and task display has gone from 1 line per task to 2 lines per task. One line for the subject,and one line for the date. Since there are a pretty limited number of lines to begin with, this severely impacts the usability of dejatasks.

I've tried different font size, different display styles, rotating the phone, and it insists on this two line display, even when the subjects are all short.

Is there any way to revert back to the previously type of display? (which was 1 line per task, irregardless)

Hello Sandstones,

According to the release notes this modification was made in DejaOffice 1.11.1. The consistent feedback we got was customer wanted to be able to view the % complete field form the main screen. I will forward your request to the dev team. Sounds like you are looking for an option that allows maximum possible tasks to display.

Thanks.

RobFreundlich
06-23-2011, 03:47 AM
Hello Sandstones,

According to the release notes this modification was made in DejaOffice 1.11.1. The consistent feedback we got was customer wanted to be able to view the % complete field form the main screen. I will forward your request to the dev team. Sounds like you are looking for an option that allows maximum possible tasks to display.

Thanks.

I don't use % complete at all, so I'm with Sandstones on this one. On my old Palm, I could see (in this order):

Checkbox for complete (always clickable)
Priority (it was a dropdown, so I could change it right from the main list)
Subject (click to edit)
(optional) category (dropdown)
(optional) due date (clickable to change)

I think that (given the color swatch for category instead of Palm's text display of category) what I'd like to see in DJO is this order:

Checkbox for complete (always clickable)
Color Swatch (long-press to change - it'd show the category popup list)
Priority (long-press to change - it'd show the priority popup list))
Subject (long press to turn the text field into an editable text input)
Due Date (long-press to change - it'd pop up the date selector)

Note that I'm combining the fields that are important to me with the ability to edit them directly. I imagine this would only work well in Micro or Delightful font, but that's OK with me :-)

Rob