PDA

View Full Version : Contacts Birthday does not show up in Calendar

jasgot
06-22-2011, 10:56 PM
If I populate the "Birthday" field in DejaContact (way at the bottom), I think the birthday should show up in the calendar.

McLion
06-22-2011, 11:35 PM
my 0.02 ...
This would be a hard one to not get duplicates. When you sync to OL, OL would add the calendar entry for the bday again. Maybe they can implement some kind of a logic to avoid these duplicates.

jasgot
06-23-2011, 04:32 PM
my 0.02 ...
This would be a hard one to not get duplicates. When you sync to OL, OL would add the calendar entry for the bday again. Maybe they can implement some kind of a logic to avoid these duplicates.

We use Palm Desktop. I suppose the same would apply.

This all came about because we have been using DateMate for about 10 years and wanted to move its features to my wife's new smartphone and finally drop the old PalmIII.

Having that quick list of peoples birthdays and anniversaries and death dates, along with the number of years automatically calculated and displayed was quite nice.

It was my quest to replace DateMate that led me to DejaOffice, likely the app of the century.

My wife flipped with joy when her sister called and along with the caller id, it showed how many days until her birthday. This must have come over from Palm Desktop.

You can see in the first attachment how sweet it is to see what birthdays and anniversaries are coming up when sorted by date. Pic 2 is sorted by name.

PilotS37
08-05-2011, 06:18 AM
I used the Palm Tungsten for many years, I have the Archos 43 now.
This is the problem for me too now! I don't see DJ Calender's birthdays in DJ Contacts now.
I can't browse all my contacts (several hundred) every day to make sure that I am forgetting to congratulate nobody today.
There is this option is in the PalmOS, there is this option in the OL...
But why isn't there it in DJO? I would be very grateful to developers if it appears there.

Thomas
08-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I used the Palm Tungsten for many years, I have the Archos 43 now.
This is the problem for me too now! I don't see DJ Calender's birthdays in DJ Contacts now.
I can't browse all my contacts (several hundred) every day to make sure that I am forgetting to congratulate nobody today.
There is this option is in the PalmOS, there is this option in the OL...
But why isn't there it in DJO? I would be very grateful to developers if it appears there.

Hello Pilot,

The current design is based on popular request. I will pass your feedback on to the dev team. Thank you.

rbologna
08-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Are you planning to show birthdays and anniversaries contact data in Calendar?

shdytxmn
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM
May I add my name to the birthday and anniversary in Calendar request?

rfo
09-01-2012, 01:35 AM
If I populate the "Birthday" field in DejaContact (way at the bottom), I think the birthday should show up in the calendar.

Strangely enough, the birthdays and anniversaries do show up in the calendar in Outlook (to which I sync from DejaOffice), but Android is my prime database so they show up only in contacts. I definitely expect them to show up and have an alarm in the calendar, as they used to in my old Palm.

rfo
10-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Hello Pilot,

The current design is based on popular request. I will pass your feedback on to the dev team. Thank you.

Hi Thomas,

Since almost 2 years have gone by, are we to conclude this isn't going to happen and we have to enter all birthdays and anniversaries into DJ Calendar manually ? Despite them already being available in Contacts ? Doesn't make sense, when we know all other applications (or at least those I know: Outlook, Palm Desktop) sync the info automatically.

Thank you for considering.

rfo
11-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Any plans to make progress on this ? It's a key function, there's no point recording dates in Contacts if they don't show up in the Calendar.

Thank you.

TheOne
01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Count me in for wishing for this feature. I've lost track of people's birthdays and anniversaries that I used to keep track of fine on the Treo. All the data is there, pulled in from Palm Desktop, it is just inaccessible in DejaCalendar.

damjang
01-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Same here! Just today I missed a birthday because I don't have a way to "show" all the birthdays rather in a single contact...

AngeliqueCornelisse
02-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Same here! All the data is there, pulled in from Palm Desktop, it is just inaccessible in DejaCalendar. The option to set an alarm so I won't forget any birthday is a big wish!

DJOCTO
03-03-2014, 08:09 AM
We'll look again at this. It appears to be unique to Palm Desktop. With most of our customers on Outlook, creating a Birthday will create the Calendar event. So this is handled for them.

With Palm Desktop, putting a Birthday or Anniversary on a contact puts a "virtual date" in the calendar. It means to display the calendar we need to read not only the Calendar table, but also the Contact table - but suppress any entries where there is already a calendar event (which is about 90% of our customer base).

It's definitely on the list. I'll see if I can up the priority a bit.