PDA

View Full Version : Dejaoffice List View on Samsung Galaxy S

TheBatman
06-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi all.
I currently have 2 questions that hopefully someone can help me with. The first is when I go to a date in List View it never goes to the beginning of the date. It always skips the first entry or two.
The second issue is the Month View, Day View and List View only link up for a historical period of about 2 months. (i.e. if I press 1st June in Month Mode it will take me to that date in Day View and then if required in List View) However if I try and do this for say 9th January 2007 the Year, Month, Week and Day View all sync fine but as soon as I press List View, which I have to do to see all my all day Events as Defaoffice will only display 4 in any other mode, I get some date in May 2011.
Can anyone please help. I really do like Dejaoffice and the way it syncs with all my other Outlook stuff but it would be so great if I could get the above to work. Many many thanks

PS Please forgive me if isn't an issue and that I'm just being Stupid!!!

Thomas
06-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi all.
I currently have 2 questions that hopefully someone can help me with. The first is when I go to a date in List View it never goes to the beginning of the date. It always skips the first entry or two.
The second issue is the Month View, Day View and List View only link up for a historical period of about 2 months. (i.e. if I press 1st June in Month Mode it will take me to that date in Day View and then if required in List View) However if I try and do this for say 9th January 2007 the Year, Month, Week and Day View all sync fine but as soon as I press List View, which I have to do to see all my all day Events as Defaoffice will only display 4 in any other mode, I get some date in May 2011.
Can anyone please help. I really do like Dejaoffice and the way it syncs with all my other Outlook stuff but it would be so great if I could get the above to work. Many many thanks

PS Please forgive me if isn't an issue and that I'm just being Stupid!!!

Hello Batman,
Thanks for posting. List view is a relatively new feature of DejaOffice. I understand the problem you having. All day events was not designed to accommodate heavy usage for two reasons.
1. Limited real estate on a mobile device screen.
2. We had to look at what an average user would do and make some tough decisions about design. Under most circumstances, engaging in say 7 all day events is a data management style, not an actual reality. That is why we have DejaTasks as an application. It is better suited for handling this type of event. That isn't perfect either, but it is a tool that can be utilized.

I would try a couple of things in the following order:
1. Open DejaOffice and tap settings.
2. Tap DejCalendar Settings
3. Tap Rebuild Calendar Display.

You can also try:
1. Open DejaOffice and tap Setting
2. Tap DejaTask Settings.
3. Select Automatically roll over overdue tasks.

Do either of these adjustments help?

There are limits to what a small displayed device can handle in a calendar. We had to make some tough decisions on real estate for all of the views.

TheBatman
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for your reply. I've tried both of your suggestions but unfortunately neither work. It's a shame but I do understand your comments. Thanks anyway for your help