PDA

View Full Version : Replicated problem with re-appearing edited recurring appts

dtmfcc
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Success! I was able to replicate my problem with recurring appts that, once edited, seemed to reappear. If I edit a recurring appt for one instance, meaning change a single instance to another time, all looks well on the phone. But when I run a sync, both appts show up, meaning the edited recurring appt is back in its old slot, as well as the new slot.

If I fully delete the appt, this doesn't seem to happen. And I don't yet know if it happens when I change all the instances of a recurring appt, but I suspect not. Mind you, when I say sync, I am syncing one-way only, phone to Outlook. The edited appt appears in both places in Outlook, which makes sense, since it is only seeing what happens on the phone.

I am on a Droid X, Android 2.3.3, Comp Link 4.0 Build 4019, DJO 1.11.3

Deborah

Thomas
06-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Success! I was able to replicate my problem with recurring appts that, once edited, seemed to reappear. If I edit a recurring appt for one instance, meaning change a single instance to another time, all looks well on the phone. But when I run a sync, both appts show up, meaning the edited recurring appt is back in its old slot, as well as the new slot.

If I fully delete the appt, this doesn't seem to happen. And I don't yet know if it happens when I change all the instances of a recurring appt, but I suspect not. Mind you, when I say sync, I am syncing one-way only, phone to Outlook. The edited appt appears in both places in Outlook, which makes sense, since it is only seeing what happens on the phone.

I am on a Droid X, Android 2.3.3, Comp Link 4.0 Build 4019, DJO 1.11.3

Deborah

Thank so much for reporting this. I would be very interested to know what happens with CompanionLink build 4044 Latest version) and DejaOffice 1.11.7.

dtmfcc
06-27-2011, 05:56 PM
I am a little busy today, and wanted to go step by step. So today I upgraded Companionlink to Build 4044, and experienced the same situation with a test appointment. As far as I can tell, after a sync, edited single episodes of a recurring appointment end up in both the old and new place, but deletes stay deleted. Again, this is very interesting since I'm not actually syncing, but simply backing up to Outlook. I'll report back once I upgrade the DejaOffice, probably tomorrow.

Thomas
06-28-2011, 09:10 AM
I am a little busy today, and wanted to go step by step. So today I upgraded Companionlink to Build 4044, and experienced the same situation with a test appointment. As far as I can tell, after a sync, edited single episodes of a recurring appointment end up in both the old and new place, but deletes stay deleted. Again, this is very interesting since I'm not actually syncing, but simply backing up to Outlook. I'll report back once I upgrade the DejaOffice, probably tomorrow.

Thank you for reporting this!

Lexie
06-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello dtmfcc and Thomas,

I remember that I had the same problem in the beginning when I started using DJO.
As far as I can remember it had something to do with the purge and reload function in CL.
I do have a HTC desire HD, android 2.3.3., DJO 1.11.7 and CL 4044 and use USB to sync.
I am synchronising to Palm Desktop.
I did do a test to help. I do need to test sync a lot for a different kind of problem and this way it makes extra sense :)
I made a test appointment which recurred every day. I did change the time for one day and only for 'this instance'.
The settings in CL:
- android to palm desktop (no purge and reload checked)
- records deleted in both android and palm desktop will be synchronised
- latest changes are kept.

The sync did change the time of the appointment in my palm desktop in it's new timeslot. And the old time slot was gone on that particulair day.
I guess that with Outlook it will be the same.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Alexandra

dtmfcc
06-28-2011, 02:59 PM
OK, I have now updated to both CL 4044 and DJO 1.11.7. Bottom line is, error is still happening.

Entered a test appt as a recurring forever weekly event. Edited one appt, deleted a different appt, left the rest the same. Ran sync to Outlook, which for me is one way only Android to Outlook. Deleted appt stayed deleted on phone, edited appt reappeared in original place and new edited place. And Outlook had same results, which I would expect.

Interesting that Lexie above reports a different result. My CL settings are Android to Outlook, Android primary, Latest changes are kept.

So, over to you, Thomas. Seems to be a bug. Hope it can get sorted out soon.

Thanks,

Deborah

Thomas
06-29-2011, 08:16 AM
OK, I have now updated to both CL 4044 and DJO 1.11.7. Bottom line is, error is still happening.

Entered a test appt as a recurring forever weekly event. Edited one appt, deleted a different appt, left the rest the same. Ran sync to Outlook, which for me is one way only Android to Outlook. Deleted appt stayed deleted on phone, edited appt reappeared in original place and new edited place. And Outlook had same results, which I would expect.

Interesting that Lexie above reports a different result. My CL settings are Android to Outlook, Android primary, Latest changes are kept.

So, over to you, Thomas. Seems to be a bug. Hope it can get sorted out soon.

Thanks,

Deborah

Hello Deborah,

I may request some additional information from you on this moving forward. Our Android dev team is working on a number of issues related to this behavior.