PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sync Android Global

nancypete
06-28-2011, 03:52 AM
I have been able to successfully sync my contacts and calendar until now. I am getting an error "please connect the USB cable to your PC before hitting the Sync button" even though my cable is hooked up and showing up in the notifications bar. When I try again I see "synchronization has not yet finished" and the help link suggests things like making sure USB debugging is not enabled and also turning off my virus protection. I have done all that (although the virus program has not been a problem in the past).

Note: I had set USB debugging for another application "Tether Now" but it is now turned off. I am wondering if this is the problem somehow.

Nothing is working. How can I sync? I am desperate!

Thomas
06-28-2011, 07:59 AM
I have been able to successfully sync my contacts and calendar until now. I am getting an error "please connect the USB cable to your PC before hitting the Sync button" even though my cable is hooked up and showing up in the notifications bar. When I try again I see "synchronization has not yet finished" and the help link suggests things like making sure USB debugging is not enabled and also turning off my virus protection. I have done all that (although the virus program has not been a problem in the past).

Note: I had set USB debugging for another application "Tether Now" but it is now turned off. I am wondering if this is the problem somehow.

Nothing is working. How can I sync? I am desperate!

Hello NancyPete,
It is quite possible the tether now application has created some problems of for you. However lets try to approach this systematically.
My first question is what kind of phone do you use and what is the operating system it runs.

I would follow these generic steps, but once I find out what device you have I may be able to offer more specific suggestions:
1. Unplug your phone from your PC.
2. Reboot your phone and your PC.
3. Verify your USB Drive settings your phone are set according to our Setup Guide.
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Setup_Guides
http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/android/
4. Sync your phone.

You may also want to uninstall the "Tether Now" application.
I hope this helps

nancypete
06-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Thomas
Update...I finally figured out the issue...my USB setting needs to be "charge only" not "PC mode." Once I made that change I was able to synchronize ok. Whew!

All set!

Thanks!

Thomas
06-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Thomas
Update...I finally figured out the issue...my USB setting needs to be "charge only" not "PC mode." Once I made that change I was able to synchronize ok. Whew!

All set!

Thanks!

Nancypete,

So glad it is working now. Enjoy! :)