PDA

View Full Version : Sync with Outlook suddenly stopped working

rockney
06-28-2011, 05:20 PM
I've been using DejaOffice for six months now to sync between Microsoft Outlook 2007 and my original Droid running 2.2.2. It has worked great until just the last couple of days. Now it doesn't work at all. I launch the sync app and am told to click "OK" when the PC sync is complete. Normally, I see a CompanionLink app load and, after a few seconds, a dialogue box saying the PC sync is complete. I don't see that on the PC anymore. Instead, the Droid just sits there with the screen telling me to click "OK" when the PC sync is complete, but nothing appears on the PC.

What can I do?

Thomas
06-29-2011, 10:32 AM
I've been using DejaOffice for six months now to sync between Microsoft Outlook 2007 and my original Droid running 2.2.2. It has worked great until just the last couple of days. Now it doesn't work at all. I launch the sync app and am told to click "OK" when the PC sync is complete. Normally, I see a CompanionLink app load and, after a few seconds, a dialogue box saying the PC sync is complete. I don't see that on the PC anymore. Instead, the Droid just sits there with the screen telling me to click "OK" when the PC sync is complete, but nothing appears on the PC.

What can I do?

Hey Rockney,

So sorry you are having trouble with this.
I would try a few things:
[AB42192] If your Android USB sync will not start on the PC, please attempt the following troubleshooting steps:

1) Make sure CompanionLink (update to the latest build) is configured to sync with the Android via USB and that a CompanionLink icon is showing in the Windows system tray (typically next to the clock)

2) Review our setup guide and confirm you have the proper setup (http://www.companionlink.com/support/setupguides-android-usb.html); pay careful attention to the device specific notes at the bottom

3) Make sure USB debugging is not enabled on your Android phone

a. On the phone, go to the main applications list, then open Settings > Applications > Development (the location of this may vary depending on the specific Android phone)

b. Make sure "USB Debugging" is not enabled

4) Attempt to sync with CompanionLink Setup open; if CompanionLink Setup is open on the computer, you will receive a progress indicator allowing you to easily identify if the sync has started

5) Make sure you can manually connect your phone to your PC and access its SD card (note: refer to your phone's manual for more device specific information)
CompanionLink will be unable to sync if you cannot do this (note: it may be the case that we recommend you initiate the sync in a different connection mode; this is merely a troubleshooting step)

a. Connect the Android phone to the computer

b. On the Android, open the notification menu by using your finger to pull down from the top of the Android screen

c. Under "ongoing", select the USB connection related notification, then the proper option for connecting as a USB drive (e.g. "USB Mass Storage", "Disk Drive", etc.)

d. Your phone should connect to the PC as a USB drive; you may receive a Windows AutoPlay message at this point

e. Open up the phone as an removable drive on your computer, and verify that there is a CLUSB folder; not having one would typically mean you chose the wrong connection type, or have not yet installed DejaOffice

6) As a troubleshooting step, disable any anti-virus software running on your computer, then attempt step 5 again

7) With the Android connected as a USB drive, attempt to copy a file onto the SD card; If you receive a message saying that the drive is read-only or write-protected, you will not be able to sync with CompanionLink. In order to resolve this issue, you may be able to disable the write-protection with a physical switch on the SD card itself; if you do not have one, you will need to contact your phone carrier for further support

8) If your PC and your Phone share a local Wi-Fi router, you can try our Wi-Fi sync method. This method is not dependent on the USB "Mass Media" connection with your phone. Please see: http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Android_Wifi_Sync

I hope this information helps.

jhmason
08-21-2011, 11:37 PM
I had the same problem with a new MotorlaDroid X2. Sync had workks previously with old phone and once with my new phone then it stopped. Now I get the same response; nothing happens on my PC.

I tried the steps above (as recommended by support) twice, including all the subordinate steps. I also uninstalled and reinstalled both CompanionLink and DejaOffice. I also tried the wireless approach a couple of times, checking to make sure that my home wireless network allowed sharing and that PC and Droid were connected. Nothing worked.

The response is always that nothing happens on my computer or, in the case of wireless, I get message unable to connect. I did notice that initially one time my calendar and contacts did sync, although I never got any indication of progress. Now nothing is syncing and both my Droid database and the DejaOffice database are empty. I had the purge and reload checked. So I guess the purge step worked but not the reload.

Thomas
08-22-2011, 07:49 AM
I had the same problem with a new MotorlaDroid X2. Sync had workks previously with old phone and once with my new phone then it stopped. Now I get the same response; nothing happens on my PC.

I tried the steps above (as recommended by support) twice, including all the subordinate steps. I also uninstalled and reinstalled both CompanionLink and DejaOffice. I also tried the wireless approach a couple of times, checking to make sure that my home wireless network allowed sharing and that PC and Droid were connected. Nothing worked.

The response is always that nothing happens on my computer or, in the case of wireless, I get message unable to connect. I did notice that initially one time my calendar and contacts did sync, although I never got any indication of progress. Now nothing is syncing and both my Droid database and the DejaOffice database are empty. I had the purge and reload checked. So I guess the purge step worked but not the reload.

Hello jhmason,

Can you answer the following questions:
What version of DejaOffice are you using?
What build# of CompanionLink are you using?
Are you using any kind of r Virus protection or firewall application on your PC?