PDA

View Full Version : Multiple phone numbers of same type viewable, not editable

tbessie
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I have a friend who's got 2 cell numbers. I believe I may have entered them in Palm Desktop and synced, or in the native Android Contacts app, but either way I had "Sync with Android Contacts App" selected.

When I click on her record in DejaOffice Contacts, I see the 2 cell numbers. But when I click to edit the record, only one of them is shown, and there appears to be no way to edit or remove the other one in DejaOffice.

Is this because of CompanionLink's restriction on one number/email/etc-type per contact?

- Tim

Eric
07-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Hi Tim. CompanionLink is not trying to restrict you to having a single work number/mobile number/etc per contact (and like you say, DejaOffice will display all of the information). We're looking at the DejaContacts edit interface; we want you to be able to edit all of your fields.

tbessie
07-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Eric...

I guess what I meant was, under "Phone Labels" in CompanionLink USB, if you try to change one of the labels to be the same as another (eg. 2 mobile numbers), it says "The phone label '[phone label you chose]' is already mapped".

I had taken that to mean you're only allowed to map 1 phone number/email address of each type. Am I misinterpreting that?

- Tim

Eric
07-09-2010, 01:13 PM
The "Phone Labels" tab does a couple things. First, it tells CompanionLink how it should add a new contact into Palm Desktop. If you create a contact to your Android that has a work number, home number, mobile number, etc., CompanionLink can figure out in which order it should add the numbers to Palm Desktop, based on your Phone Labels settings. The second thing it does is control the mapping of the Palm Desktop phone numbers to a Palm OS handheld; this second function doesn't exist in a sync to Android. So, for the most part, you can ignore this tab; all of your Palm Desktop phone numbers will sync to your Android, regardless of what is set in the Phone Labels tab.

tbessie
07-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks Eric! I probably should have looked into the documentation in more detail. That tab has always confused me a bit. :-)

- Tim