PDA

View Full Version : Problems Syncing Motorola Atrix w Laptop using DejaOffice/CompanionLink for Outlook

JohnHahn
07-02-2011, 02:37 AM
I am having problems synchronising my Motorola Atrix with my Laptop using DejaOffice and Companion Link for Outlook.

I've tried the following:

Downloaded to my PC the trial version of CompanionLink for Outlook.

Set it up.

Downloaded the DejaOffice s/w to my Atrix. set it up.

Connected the USB cable. I can view the Smartphone connection on my PC.

If I try to sync from the PC, the CompanionLink program tells me to sync from the phone.

If I try to sync from the DejaOffice on the phone, I get either of two messages:

"You need to connect a USB cable before syncing."

But it is connected properly and the PC opens a browser window to a Motorola phone portal website page everytime it is attached.

Or the following message on the phone:
"Your sync (or download) has not finished yet." (something to that effect).

But no sync actually occurs.

It has been suggested it works well syncing with a gmail or google account.

I do not need or want a gmail or google account and also do not want to put confidential information on an internet server outside of my control.

It seems users are all being pushed or forced into having google/gmail accounts.

Very frustrating.

Thomas
07-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I am having problems synchronising my Motorola Atrix with my Laptop using DejaOffice and Companion Link for Outlook.

I've tried the following:

Downloaded to my PC the trial version of CompanionLink for Outlook.

Set it up.

Downloaded the DejaOffice s/w to my Atrix. set it up.

Connected the USB cable. I can view the Smartphone connection on my PC.

If I try to sync from the PC, the CompanionLink program tells me to sync from the phone.

If I try to sync from the DejaOffice on the phone, I get either of two messages:

"You need to connect a USB cable before syncing."

But it is connected properly and the PC opens a browser window to a Motorola phone portal website page everytime it is attached.

Or the following message on the phone:
"Your sync (or download) has not finished yet." (something to that effect).

But no sync actually occurs.

It has been suggested it works well syncing with a gmail or google account.

I do not need or want a gmail or google account and also do not want to put confidential information on an internet server outside of my control.

It seems users are all being pushed or forced into having google/gmail accounts.

Very frustrating.

Hi John,

http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Android_USB_Device_Specific_Notes

This article provides some specific Motorola Atrix configuration requirements for Synciing with CompanionLink.
Let me know if you have already set this part up.

eastrader
09-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi Thomas, this seems to be the correct thread for me to ask my question. I have read through the others and feel my questions should be posted here. I have the Motorola Photon ver. 2.3.4, it has the current build (2nd update); I use Outlook 2010 all recent updates as of last Tuesday, DJO phone (beta 1.12.1) DJO 4019 for Outlook on my x64 Win 7 Pro pc. I am on my second round with a Android device as well as the DJO. For a few days, all seemed to work good, Today I started getting an error that DJO failed to start and click here to shut down. I thought that it could have been casch coruption, so I power down the phone and upon a restart I got the message that it failed to start. So I clicked to force close again ( I do understand it is beta). So after boot up, DJO was accessable..I connected to the USB to sync and removed it, and the new contact was transfered to the phone. I then went to the phone option to call my new bank, and it was not in the directory. I realized that DJO must not move address to the phone dialing app.. so is it supposed to? if not then should I also set up the sync with my google account? If I do will it create duplicates? I would try to sync Outlook with Google, but the phone does not automatic sync with Google for some reason.. So to put it mildly I am a bit confused as to what is the best way to keep my Outlook as prime and sync with my device as I dont think I need to keep multiple locations in my phone with calendar and contact information.

Thomas
09-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Hi Thomas, this seems to be the correct thread for me to ask my question. I have read through the others and feel my questions should be posted here. I have the Motorola Photon ver. 2.3.4, it has the current build (2nd update); I use Outlook 2010 all recent updates as of last Tuesday, DJO phone (beta 1.12.1) DJO 4019 for Outlook on my x64 Win 7 Pro pc. I am on my second round with a Android device as well as the DJO. For a few days, all seemed to work good, Today I started getting an error that DJO failed to start and click here to shut down. I thought that it could have been casch coruption, so I power down the phone and upon a restart I got the message that it failed to start. So I clicked to force close again ( I do understand it is beta). So after boot up, DJO was accessable..I connected to the USB to sync and removed it, and the new contact was transfered to the phone. I then went to the phone option to call my new bank, and it was not in the directory. I realized that DJO must not move address to the phone dialing app.. so is it supposed to? if not then should I also set up the sync with my google account? If I do will it create duplicates? I would try to sync Outlook with Google, but the phone does not automatic sync with Google for some reason.. So to put it mildly I am a bit confused as to what is the best way to keep my Outlook as prime and sync with my device as I dont think I need to keep multiple locations in my phone with calendar and contact information.

Hello Eastrader,

My only concern about your configuration is CompanionLink 4019... Is that a typo? build 4050 is the latest build for version 4.0. I am wondering if you meant to say 4049?

DejaOffice can sync with the Native Contacts application and we suggest doing this for the reason you outline.
have you used any of our setup guides online?
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Setup_Guides

Please open DejaOffice and tell me if you see an icon that says:
Read Android Data

Then Tap settings>Sync Settings.
Is Sync with Android Apps checked?

This is how you turn on Syncing with Android Contacts.
You have to choose 1 android account to sync with and the sync is a 2 way sync.
Many customers report duplicates after turning this option on. The
If your outlook data is complete and as you wish it to be in the Android contacts app, you can do a Purge and Reload Sync from CompanionLink. (WARNING! - This will overwrite DjaOffice and Android Contacts with the current outlook data.)

Sometimes working with Android Accounts can get confusing for users. Let me know if you have questions about this or anything else that is not clear.

eastrader
09-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Ok here is my process:
1. Install from your web site Companion for Outlook on Windows 7 Pro, will attach photo at end of this.
2. Install "beta" from your web site, then install it from the .apk
3.Already followed the link you provided, but did not check the Android sync, when the wizard asked, in sync setting it was unchecked.
4. After your reply I clicked the option in sync to sync with android, and got duplicates.
5.Opened settings on the desktop, Outlook is primary, overwrite device, and purge and reload contacts.
6.Attached phone, and pressed sync. it went through the process. And I checked the OK at the end.
7.Opened DJO and the contacts were there, opened the phone to dial, only 8 contacts were in there.
8.Went to DJO contacts to see what happened, and got this message DJO failed, com.companionlink.clusbsync stopped please try again - Force Close
9.Tryed to open DJO contacts it opened, no error.
10. Pluged in usb again to sync. in the sync process the wizard started on the phone.
11. Went through the whole process of making selections again. Removed USb and waited, then pluged in again.
12. Phone stuck at 100% reading android.. so i waited 10 min.
13.Back to phone and nothing on screen but home screen, so i checked and all contacts seem to be in both places.
14.Opened Outlook contacts and now have a "new" empty contact at the begining of my contacts, not sure how it got made since settings are 1 way, Outlook to phone.

Also note before I started this today, it asked me 3 times to change calendar since time zone changed.. I have not been anyplace but my home and office in the same time zone.
https://picasaweb.google.com/101984595687353236446/September23201102#

eastrader
09-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Just got a call from the wife, after my other two post.. seems that all the contacts with photos have been deleted.. all the rest are good.

Thomas
09-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Ok here is my process:
1. Install from your web site Companion for Outlook on Windows 7 Pro, will attach photo at end of this.
2. Install "beta" from your web site, then install it from the .apk
3.Already followed the link you provided, but did not check the Android sync, when the wizard asked, in sync setting it was unchecked.
4. After your reply I clicked the option in sync to sync with android, and got duplicates.
5.Opened settings on the desktop, Outlook is primary, overwrite device, and purge and reload contacts.
6.Attached phone, and pressed sync. it went through the process. And I checked the OK at the end.
7.Opened DJO and the contacts were there, opened the phone to dial, only 8 contacts were in there.
8.Went to DJO contacts to see what happened, and got this message DJO failed, com.companionlink.clusbsync stopped please try again - Force Close
9.Tryed to open DJO contacts it opened, no error.
10. Pluged in usb again to sync. in the sync process the wizard started on the phone.
11. Went through the whole process of making selections again. Removed USb and waited, then pluged in again.
12. Phone stuck at 100% reading android.. so i waited 10 min.
13.Back to phone and nothing on screen but home screen, so i checked and all contacts seem to be in both places.
14.Opened Outlook contacts and now have a "new" empty contact at the begining of my contacts, not sure how it got made since settings are 1 way, Outlook to phone.

Also note before I started this today, it asked me 3 times to change calendar since time zone changed.. I have not been anyplace but my home and office in the same time zone.
https://picasaweb.google.com/101984595687353236446/September23201102#

Hi Eastrader,

Contacts with image files are deleted where?
DejaOffice?
Android Contacts App?
Outlook?
All three places?
A combination of some sort?
Please specify

eastrader
09-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Even with Outlook set to flow to the phone the contacts were removed in all places, Outlook, DJO, and the android phone list of contacts. I went back and added my wife in the "new" empty contact in Outlook with the original photo, did another sync. and she flowed from Outlook to DJO but not to Android even tho the check marks are there. The usb connection is set per the Atrix setting to "Charge Only", I do not have a "none" setting, there are 4, Charge, USB Mass Storage, Windows Media Sync, Motorola Phone Portal.

Thomas
09-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Even with Outlook set to flow to the phone the contacts were removed in all places, Outlook, DJO, and the android phone list of contacts. I went back and added my wife in the "new" empty contact in Outlook with the original photo, did another sync. and she flowed from Outlook to DJO but not to Android even tho the check marks are there. The usb connection is set per the Atrix setting to "Charge Only", I do not have a "none" setting, there are 4, Charge, USB Mass Storage, Windows Media Sync, Motorola Phone Portal.

I wouldn't attempt any fixes until you update the Build of CompanionLink. 4019 is very old.
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

eastrader
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Ok thanks for hanging in here with me, so I followed your link vs the one in the email when I bought and now am at 5002 on the desktop., it seems to sync better with photo's, however I have discovered that for my business accounts with multiple emails and address, all that gets shifted to the "android" side of things is phone numbers and address information. Email1-3 do not go, but are in DJO contacts on the phone. I have both ticks marked in the sync options on the phone for DJO.

Also, when accessing the DJO contacts it will crash as reported before, as well as when I open the web browser.. I know it is beta, just reporting failure modes..

Thomas
09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok thanks for hanging in here with me, so I followed your link vs the one in the email when I bought and now am at 5002 on the desktop., it seems to sync better with photo's, however I have discovered that for my business accounts with multiple emails and address, all that gets shifted to the "android" side of things is phone numbers and address information. Email1-3 do not go, but are in DJO contacts on the phone. I have both ticks marked in the sync options on the phone for DJO.

Also, when accessing the DJO contacts it will crash as reported before, as well as when I open the web browser.. I know it is beta, just reporting failure modes..

eastrader,

Thanks for the report.
Regarding the issue with data missing in the Native Contacts application, what account do you sync with?
Motorola sometimes has custom data formats that might not be compatible with DejaOffice.
Please check the account name in DejaOffice you sync to:
1. Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings.
2. Sync Settings.
3. Report the name of the account listed in the Calendar Account Field.

eastrader
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I will stop now, and stay with the problems. It is getting too detailed to try to explain everything that happens in a forum.
Hopefully the final on 1.12 will fix the manual sync and other issues on crashes.

Thomas
10-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I will stop now, and stay with the problems. It is getting too detailed to try to explain everything that happens in a forum.
Hopefully the final on 1.12 will fix the manual sync and other issues on crashes.

eastrader,

I sent you a private message. Check your inbox please. :)

Thomas