PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Calendar Sync on iPhone - Very Slow

Josher44
07-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi,

I am new to the whole DejaOffice/CompanionLink thing. New to the iPhone world too (actually it is my wife's). Anyway, I love the concept of the WiFi sync. I (we) really want to use this.

However, we are having a tough time getting it to efficiently sync the DejaCalendar on the iPhone with Outlook. Problem seems to be the reading phase on the iPhone of the calendar events. Everything else seems to go speedily (including 1750+ contacts). But when it gets to the calendar it reads up the first 250 or so events (of about 1100) quickly and then slows to a crawl, incrementing about an event a second. So then it takes an hour or two to get through that - if it ever does. Sometimes it seems to crap out on the PC along the way.

I have tried the purge and reload option, tried telling it to only sync Outlook to iPhone and not both ways (I would have assumed that would not require it to check all the events on the iPhone but it still seems to read them all) - no luck.

We've got 5 days left on the CompanionLink evaluation. As I said I want it to work, the price is worth it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

Thomas
07-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I am new to the whole DejaOffice/CompanionLink thing. New to the iPhone world too (actually it is my wife's). Anyway, I love the concept of the WiFi sync. I (we) really want to use this.

However, we are having a tough time getting it to efficiently sync the DejaCalendar on the iPhone with Outlook. Problem seems to be the reading phase on the iPhone of the calendar events. Everything else seems to go speedily (including 1750+ contacts). But when it gets to the calendar it reads up the first 250 or so events (of about 1100) quickly and then slows to a crawl, incrementing about an event a second. So then it takes an hour or two to get through that - if it ever does. Sometimes it seems to crap out on the PC along the way.

I have tried the purge and reload option, tried telling it to only sync Outlook to iPhone and not both ways (I would have assumed that would not require it to check all the events on the iPhone but it still seems to read them all) - no luck.

We've got 5 days left on the CompanionLink evaluation. As I said I want it to work, the price is worth it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

Hello Josh,

Thanks for reporting this. Our current development effort for DejaOffice for iPhone is to reprogram the entire Calendar application. I apologize for any inconvenience at this time. However I anticipate this going away soon.