PDA

View Full Version : General Sync Capabilities

allenm28
07-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I just bought an HTC Android phone. I am using HTC to sync with MS Outlook 2003. I really do not like the way it operates. Am I correct that in addition to the free DejaOffice, I must buy Companion Link to be able to Sync w/Outlook. It is a local client. I am not using any exchange server.

Also, I may soon move to either Thunderbird for my local client or to a web based email service, such as Comcast, Yahoo, Google, etc. Will I be able to sync with all these clients also or am I limited?

Thomas
07-12-2011, 07:15 AM
I just bought an HTC Android phone. I am using HTC to sync with MS Outlook 2003. I really do not like the way it operates. Am I correct that in addition to the free DejaOffice, I must buy Companion Link to be able to Sync w/Outlook. It is a local client. I am not using any exchange server.

Also, I may soon move to either Thunderbird for my local client or to a web based email service, such as Comcast, Yahoo, Google, etc. Will I be able to sync with all these clients also or am I limited?

Hello Allenm28,

CompanionLink supports a number of PIM's. From the list you posted above we support Outlook and Google.
We also support Palm Desktop and Pimlical, ACT! Goldmine! Salesforce, Zoho, Lotus Notes, Wise Agent, Groupwise, Time & Chaos, Highrise, Sugar CRM, and several other WEB PIM's.
You can check a complete list here:
http://www.companionlink.com/products/

allenm28
07-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I am concerned about being able to sync with Yahoo and/or GMail as well as directly with the Comcast email system. All my email is forwarded from my own domain name to Comcast and I then use a local Outlook to pout to the local client from Comcast. What are my options?

Thomas
07-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I am concerned about being able to sync with Yahoo and/or GMail as well as directly with the Comcast email system. All my email is forwarded from my own domain name to Comcast and I then use a local Outlook to pout to the local client from Comcast. What are my options?

Hi Allen,

You shoul dhave no trouble syncing Contacts, Calendars, Tasks and Notes from Outlook to DejaOffice via CompanionLink. We offer a free 14 day trial for CompanionLink.
I suggest downloading CompanionLink:
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/

Follow the setup guide for you specific device and PIM and give it a try.
Let me know if you have questions or concerns. We are here to help.

Srb0524
11-28-2011, 12:58 PM

You have a lot of options !! too many in fact . just a suggestion ...Option 1- I would either go with Outlook and possibly a hotmail account. Outlook syncs quite well with DejaOffice, including notes , tasks etc as well as calendar and contacts .

With out look or hotmail ( setup in out look ) you can add all your emaill accounts to it and your phone individually ( with an Imapi or pop - instead of forwarding them and having business and personal mixed all into one place. for example I have 1 personal acct 1 business email and one email that i use to log in to different places ( so they send all spam to one acct) I also would not personally use comcast simply for the reason that if I move or if the bill is a few days late .or you decide to change to Direct Tv etc .. They cut off access to your email and then you stuck.

By going to Outlook and adding the email accounts to one place- all email is checked and managed(meaning you can delete answer etc in outlook) in one spot as well as calendars -tasks, contacts and you sync to dejaoffice on your phone etc all aspects are manged through Outlookk and evrythings is in one spot. As busy as you sound reducing all planners to one would probably help.

Option two - you could go with google which syncs with android phones and Android being part of google interface quite well. Google also offers Business apps etc that work with your domain. Either way I would Pick ONE.

I myself use outlook and dejaoffice ... one place for everything and it syncs to my phone so i always have access no matter where i'm at.