PDA

View Full Version : Palm Desktop Wifi-Sync and Google Sync

RayN
07-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Purchased CompanionLink for Palm Desktop recently and trying to set up sync to iPhone.

As noted in many of the replies, Calendar Wifi sync is buggy and being rewritten. In the mean time had tried set up sync via Google and have acceptable result with native calendar. However, Memos/Notes sync is not implemented in Google Sync yet.

Is there a way to set up both Wifi sync for Memos and Google Sync at the same time from Palm Desktop? Right now if I toggle between the two modes it is being treated as a new set up. Is there a workaround or plan to enable the simultaneous sync so I can have automatic sync to Google take care of the Calendar while Wifi sync can be used periodically to update Contacts and Memos?

Also, are there any workaround for the slow Wifi sync for calendar after 250 events or so?

Other problem I encountered in Wifi calendar sync:
- Frequent crashes during sync when sync with iphone calendar is turned on in Wifi sync.
- non-timed events created as timed events (12am) on iphone native calendar instead of day events.
- cannot search calendar events

Are these issues being addressed?

Thanks!

regards,

Ray

Thomas
07-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Purchased CompanionLink for Palm Desktop recently and trying to set up sync to iPhone.

As noted in many of the replies, Calendar Wifi sync is buggy and being rewritten. In the mean time had tried set up sync via Google and have acceptable result with native calendar. However, Memos/Notes sync is not implemented in Google Sync yet.

Is there a way to set up both Wifi sync for Memos and Google Sync at the same time from Palm Desktop? Right now if I toggle between the two modes it is being treated as a new set up. Is there a workaround or plan to enable the simultaneous sync so I can have automatic sync to Google take care of the Calendar while Wifi sync can be used periodically to update Contacts and Memos?

Also, are there any workaround for the slow Wifi sync for calendar after 250 events or so?

Other problem I encountered in Wifi calendar sync:
- Frequent crashes during sync when sync with iphone calendar is turned on in Wifi sync.
- non-timed events created as timed events (12am) on iphone native calendar instead of day events.
- cannot search calendar events

Are these issues being addressed?

Thanks!

regards,

Ray

Ray, CompanionLink Pro offer the ability to configure up to three separate Sync Profiles. That will provide the functionality you are looking for.