PDA

View Full Version : IPad2 - Repeated need to KILL DejaOffice to WiFi sync

Ebruder
07-16-2011, 10:01 AM
If my iPad2 is coming from a reboot, all is fine. I can sync, ping, and get the "DejaOffice Server is running" message. If I cover the iPad2, thus putting it to sleep, or if it just times out, I generally can no longer sync or get the DejaOffice running message, but get "unable to connect", however I can still ping and get a reply.

If I shut down the iPad2 and restart it everything works until it sleeps again (also, I believe, if I change apps and then return to DejaOffice).

I read the "KILL" trick in the trouble shooting section, and that works as well. However, something is wrong if I have to KILL the app before every sync.

What course of action should I next take.

EB

Ben
07-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Ebruder - Thanks for reporting this. We're looking at it now, so we may be able to work the fix into the next DJO release.

Ebruder
07-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I can give you one more piece of information that might be of use. If I have not sync'd for some hours, e.g., overnight, the sync works without having to KILL DejaOffice.

EB

Thomas
07-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I can give you one more piece of information that might be of use. If I have not sync'd for some hours, e.g., overnight, the sync works without having to KILL DejaOffice.

EB

Ebruder,

Thanks for the additional information. That actually makes sense as overnight the process would be killed by the iOS. But this helps us further isolate the issue you are having.