PDA

View Full Version : Import PalmDesktop to iPhone, then convert data to Outlook.

Shel2011
07-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I plan to upgrade to a Verizon iPhone 4. I use the Palm PC Desktop v4.1.4 to sink my Palm T3. The Palm Desktop is running on MS XP2003 Virtual PC within Win 7 Professional 64 OS. I want to convert all Palm databases [calendar, contacts, memos, tasks] to run on MS Office 2010 Outlook and iPhone DejaOffice Outlook. In order to do that I need to convert the Palm databases to Outlook.

After completing a Palm to iPhone initial sync using CompanionLink Sync Palm and DejaOffice Palm, is it possible to then sync the re-mapped databases in the iPhone to the Outlook PC app? Can the iPhone/Palm data be imported to Outlook using CompanionLink Sync Outlook and DejaOffice Outlook?

Thomas
07-25-2011, 03:52 PM
I plan to upgrade to a Verizon iPhone 4. I use the Palm PC Desktop v4.1.4 to sink my Palm T3. The Palm Desktop is running on MS XP2003 Virtual PC within Win 7 Professional 64 OS. I want to convert all Palm databases [calendar, contacts, memos, tasks] to run on MS Office 2010 Outlook and iPhone DejaOffice Outlook. In order to do that I need to convert the Palm databases to Outlook.

After completing a Palm to iPhone initial sync using CompanionLink Sync Palm and DejaOffice Palm, is it possible to then sync the re-mapped databases in the iPhone to the Outlook PC app? Can the iPhone/Palm data be imported to Outlook using CompanionLink Sync Outlook and DejaOffice Outlook?

I suggest the following Sync path:

Palm Desktop to Outlook.
Outlook to your Apple Device.

Just set up initially to go form Palm Desktop To Outlook.
Then make sure Outlook is clean and free of any duplicate records.
Then modify CompanionLink to go from Outlook to your Handheld. (iPhone)

I would also do a purge n Reload all when you sync form Outlook to your iPhone.

Let me know if you have specific questions about any for these steps.