PDA

View Full Version : Calendar: daily and weekly view

psr231
07-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Hallo,

I wanna suggest to improve the daily and weekly view of the calendar.
I apologize for my bad english and I hope I can explain what I mean so you will understand it.

If you compare daily and weekly view with month, year and list view you see, that there is lots of space on the left side in the daily an weekly view. Space, which is needed urgently to make the columns of the days wider so you are able to read the text of the appointments.

If you make the colum for hours smaller (best way is to use 24h-format !) you will get about 15% more spare for each column !! That means 3mm instead of 10mm for hours and 8mm instead of 7mm for the day columns. It's only 1 mm (example on my HTC Desire HD) but it's a really BIG difference in comfort !!

Think about it ........ ;) No offense meant !!

psr231

McLion
07-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I second that, and I would like to add to optimize the vertical space usage as well. Target would be to have a business day from 8 - 18 shown without having to scroll the screen.

psr231
07-19-2011, 01:42 AM
I agree, McLion :)
But target should be to have the possibility to SET the period of time which is shown without having to scroll in regard to customization.
I found a great app callend "Business Calender". Needless to say that the main features are not as fantastic as DJO, but the calendar view is very well adapted for being used on a smartphone.
Have a look at this app, maybe some features are worth to be included in DJO !
I would also like to see the all-day event horizontal and not vertical. If there are more than two all-day events you can't reed anything in weekly view !!

I don't want to bother the developers, just take it as constructive critism !

McLion
07-19-2011, 02:56 AM
I used PocketInformantPro on my WM device before I switched to Android. They made just about everything configurable .. would be a good sample to look into as well. In addition, for the Today 'thingy', TodayAgenda for WM is a brilliant source as well.

Honestly, I very much like DJO and CL ... but they are not (yet) close to the features of these 'old' tools.

psr231
07-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Don't reminisce about WM ;) !! I took ages to decide wether I change to android or to change to iphone (what my husband burning supports .... ;)
I'm so familiar with outlook and I don't wanna use e.g. Google Copntacs and Calendar for my personal data.

But let's goose the dvelopers to perfect DJO - and all sad WM-users will be happy again .......