PDA

View Full Version : Settings reset after CL upgrade

McLion
07-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I just upgraded CL to the latest version.
Why (TH) do I have to redo all my DJO settings on the Android?
- Every DJO app is empty
- Starting DJO shows me the welcome dialog
That's not normal behavior, is it?

Jason
07-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I just upgraded CL to the latest version.
Why (TH) do I have to redo all my DJO settings on the Android?
- Every DJO app is empty
- Starting DJO shows me the welcome dialog
That's not normal behavior, is it?

McLion-
We have seen a small number of reports similar to this. Basically, your database reset itself. We are still researching the exact cause of this as we cannot reproduce this in-house yet. We reached out to a number of users but the problem appears to be sporadic, which makes it hard to pin down. One user said they were able to reproduce it whenever they saw DejaOffice crash at the "Press OK when the PC sync completes" box.

Are you syncing via USB?

If so, have you experienced DejaOffice crashing or getting a force close message during a USB sync?

If so, can you recall at what time during the sync process the app crashed, i.e. before the Press OK box appeared, after the Press OK button appears, or after hitting the OK button.

This issue might be related to certain people's SD cards becoming corrupt. We recommend running through the steps below to repair/reformat your SD card.

http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_repair/format_a_corrupted_Android_SD_card

McLion
08-12-2011, 01:09 AM
It just now happened again after updating to CL 4048 - it's a PITA.

I am syncing via USB. I never had a crash or a force close message during sync.

The SD card does not seem to be corrupt as a I can perfectly use it from android as well as when connected and shared to the PC.

- Upgrading CL
- Selecting PnR and sync - w/o errors
- Directly starting Deja Contacts or Deja Calendar returns completely empty apps
- closing Deja
- starting Deja shows the welcome dialog and the assistant for the setup
- now all settings have gone :mad:
- PnR syncing again
- back to normal ... except for all of the preference settings :mad:

Thomas
08-12-2011, 11:45 AM
It just now happened again after updating to CL 4048 - it's a PITA.

I am syncing via USB. I never had a crash or a force close message during sync.

The SD card does not seem to be corrupt as a I can perfectly use it from android as well as when connected and shared to the PC.

- Upgrading CL
- Selecting PnR and sync - w/o errors
- Directly starting Deja Contacts or Deja Calendar returns completely empty apps
- closing Deja
- starting Deja shows the welcome dialog and the assistant for the setup
- now all settings have gone :mad:
- PnR syncing again
- back to normal ... except for all of the preference settings :mad:

Hello McLion,

So sorry to hear you had to go through those hoops after updating to 4048. I am glad to hear that it sounds like after a mild inconvenience everything is working again. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.
Is this behavior occurring on DejaOffice 1.11.9 or 1.12.0_beta?
Did you follow the steps to check the SDcard for corruption in the link posted by Jason?

What Android device and OS are you using? - Have there been any recent changes to your device OS?

McLion
08-15-2011, 01:55 AM
At first it happened after the CL update to 4048. DJO was on 1.11.9 at that time. Actually, it happens after every update of CL or DJO.

Now, I updated DJO to 1.12.0 and with the first sync it happened again. Funny enough, this time it did not reset all of the settings in DJO. The display/font sizes are still there but it showed me the welcome assistant again as well as all the apps have been empty after the first sync and some other settings have been reset too. After taping through the assistant without doing any changes and another PnR sync, everything's back to normal.
Since, I am syncing to my Home PC as well - only from time to time, not on a regular basis like with the work PC - it will happen there again and I will have to reset everything once more.

I did not do all the steps with the SD card. I will repeat it and completely follow the steps. However, I am sure it is not the SD card since as along as no update of either CL or DJO takes place everything works a treat. It's only after updating either one.
Edit: Just did a chkdsk /r ... no errors found

It's HTC Desire S with 2.3.3 and there have not been any recent changes to the OS.

McLion
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
When I do a PnR, the same kicks in: DJO empty after sync, closing and reopening DJO kicks off assistant, needing another sync ... and all settings are gone again.
I wonder what happen when I sync to the 2nd PC at home tonight ... actually, I guess I do (unfortunately) know!

I cant remember anymore how many times I now did re-set all my preferences in DJO !!!

Thomas
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
When I do a PnR, the same kicks in: DJO empty after sync, closing and reopening DJO kicks off assistant, needing another sync ... and all settings are gone again.
I wonder what happen when I sync to the 2nd PC at home tonight ... actually, I guess I do (unfortunately) know!

I cant remember anymore how many times I now did re-set all my preferences in DJO !!!

Mclion,

Our team is working on a theory behind this issue.

For some users, we have had them select the Back button when they see the wizard after completing a USB sync, and their data has stayed in tact.
Can anyone experiencing this issue please select the Back button if you see the wizard appear after syncing?
Please report the results here.

Thomas
08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Mclion,

I edited my previous post. Please re read post #7 from me.

McLion
08-17-2011, 09:41 AM
- After the 1st PnR all the apps are empty in DJO
- Opening the DJO Home-screen then shows the Wizard .. and I select the back button this time ;-)
- Still, it needs a second sync then (PnR to be safe to not harm the OL data)
- And ... all the preference settings in DJO are gone again!

Thomas
08-23-2011, 12:26 PM
- After the 1st PnR all the apps are empty in DJO
- Opening the DJO Home-screen then shows the Wizard .. and I select the back button this time ;-)
- Still, it needs a second sync then (PnR to be safe to not harm the OL data)
- And ... all the preference settings in DJO are gone again!

MCLion,

Sounds like the data was lost if the settings data was missing. How are things for you now?

McLion
08-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Thomas,
Thanks for asking.
As long as I don't select PnR, it's fine so far.
I'm pretty sure that it all starts again after the next update of CL and/or DJO - which I hope will be soon due to the various bugs discussed in other threads.
Have a nice day.
McL

McLion
09-02-2011, 03:22 AM
This really is driving me nuts!
I just tried with the latest 1.12.1 and 4049 - all the same.
Because I forgot to select PnR before firing the second sync it deleted all bday events in OL, even though I clicked NO when it asked me if I really want to delete these contacts, appointments .. from OL. :mad:

McLion
09-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Even worse: It deleted all the bdays from all contacts!
I selected NO .... :mad:

Thomas
09-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Even worse: It deleted all the bdays from all contacts!
I selected NO .... :mad:

McLion,

Just so I am clear, deleted contacts birthday info in DejaOffice, or in Outlook?

McLion
09-02-2011, 08:58 AM
In Outlook! .. and I did select 'No' if it asked me if I really want to delete xy contacts from Outlook, and xy notes ... I clicked No for all of the 4 types and did hit abort after the 4 questions. Of course, it did not delete the contacts, but the bdays are gone inside the contact detail in OL as well as in the calendar.

Thomas
09-02-2011, 03:08 PM
In Outlook! .. and I did select 'No' if it asked me if I really want to delete xy contacts from Outlook, and xy notes ... I clicked No for all of the 4 types and did hit abort after the 4 questions. Of course, it did not delete the contacts, but the bdays are gone inside the contact detail in OL as well as in the calendar.

Is the data in DejaOffice affected?

McLion
09-03-2011, 02:27 AM
I forgot to mention that, yes, bdays are deleted from OL and DJO, in contacts as well as the recurring events in calendar.
Simply put, bdays have vanished everywhere!

McLion
09-26-2011, 02:38 AM
Any news on that ?

Thomas
09-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Any news on that ?

McLion,

Have you been able to re introduce the birthday records? I apologize for not following up sooner. I am testing on our end to determine default behavior. In general we stopped syncing birthday info based on customer request. I am testing Outlook sync behavior with Contact Records that have birthdays right now.

Thomas
09-26-2011, 12:37 PM
McLion,

Have you been able to re introduce the birthday records? I apologize for not following up sooner. I am testing on our end to determine default behavior. In general we stopped syncing birthday info based on customer request. I am testing Outlook sync behavior with Contact Records that have birthdays right now.

I just ran USB Sync test with build 5002 (it was handy). Contact Records in Outlook that had a birthday record associated in Outlook synced successfully.

McLion
09-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I am back from holiday since today. I am restoring the birthday's in Outlook at the office PC tomorrow.
What do you mean with "we stopped syncing bday .."?
- The bday field of a contact?
- The recurring event in calendar?

Thomas
09-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I am back from holiday since today. I am restoring the birthday's in Outlook at the office PC tomorrow.
What do you mean with "we stopped syncing bday .."?
- The bday field of a contact?
- The recurring event in calendar?

Don't worry. Does not apply to Outlook users...

Thomas
09-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Don't worry. Does not apply to Outlook users...

Are they recurring events in Outlook, or stored as Birthday info in the contact Details in Outlook?

McLion
09-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Both. A birthday added to contact details in OL automatically generates a recurring calendar event.

We are again mixing threads up ... please keep this thread on the "Reset after sync ..." topic.
For the recurring calendar events (birthdays) issues, could we please stick to the other thread.

McLion
10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
.. just to let you know .. after the PnR all the preference setting in DJO have been reset again.