PDA

View Full Version : syncing between android tablet and phone only

BLarsen
07-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I was hoping to use DejaOffice just on my Motorola Xoom tablet and Droid phone without syncing to a PC. However, it looks like the tasks won't appear on both because those aren't syncing to an android app. Is there a way to do this?

Thomas
09-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I was hoping to use DejaOffice just on my Motorola Xoom tablet and Droid phone without syncing to a PC. However, it looks like the tasks won't appear on both because those aren't syncing to an android app. Is there a way to do this?

Hello BLarsen,

We do not offer a Device to Device Sync solution.

Lester
10-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Hello

I am in the same boat. Samsung Galaxy S and just bought Asus EEE Pad Transformer tablet for my wife. I have CL Pro and was previously syncing with Outlook. As she rarely uses Outlook anymore I was wondering how I could keep these two sync'd. Was wondering if you can sync both to a Google account so any time a change is made on a device it sync's with the google account which would then sync with the other device when that is used. Can this be done? and how do I do it (step by step).

Thomas
10-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Hello

I am in the same boat. Samsung Galaxy S and just bought Asus EEE Pad Transformer tablet for my wife. I have CL Pro and was previously syncing with Outlook. As she rarely uses Outlook anymore I was wondering how I could keep these two sync'd. Was wondering if you can sync both to a Google account so any time a change is made on a device it sync's with the google account which would then sync with the other device when that is used. Can this be done? and how do I do it (step by step).

Hello Lester,

There are some options available to you. CompanionLink for Outlook 5.0 features the ability to create multiple Sync profiles.
You could configure the 2nd profile to sync with the Asus Tablet into DejaOffice or create a profile to sync from Outlook to a Gmail account. (Syncing from Outlook to Google has some limitations with Tasks Notes and certain Calendar events.) If she just wanted to sync Contacts and a simple calendar Outlook to Google might be the simplest option.

I can step you through either configuration if you tell me what you would like to do.

jtsauburn
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm in the same boat. I have DejaOffice on my phone nd tablet also. I haven't touched my PC since getting my tablet several months ago. Seems silly that you need a pc to sync. The solution they told me stinks; you have to get companionlink Pro ($129), put it on your pc, then sync both devices to the pc. Further, the tablet will only sync via wifi (no usb). So if you're out and about with your tablet and phone, but nowhere near your PC, you can't sync.