PDA

View Full Version : "Is this a diffferent device ?"

jlc
07-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Hello
I have a Galaxy S with android 2.2 and DJO 1.11.9
I have been syncing with no problem for 10 months, with two computers : one with vista, the other one with Windows 7 64b.
Today, DJO came up with a very bizarre question, saying "This db belongs to a diffferent device. Is this a different device ?"
I dont' undestand the underlying logic of this question, which even appears to be quite comic. Different FROM WHAT ? Yes , my device is certainly different from my whisky bottle..
Please tell me what I am supposed to answer.
I appreciate DJO developments.
Many thanks

Thomas
07-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Hello
I have a Galaxy S with android 2.2 and DJO 1.11.9
I have been syncing with no problem for 10 months, with two computers : one with vista, the other one with Windows 7 64b.
Today, DJO came up with a very bizarre question, saying "This db belongs to a diffferent device. Is this a different device ?"
I dont' undestand the underlying logic of this question, which even appears to be quite comic. Different FROM WHAT ? Yes , my device is certainly different from my whisky bottle..
Please tell me what I am supposed to answer.
I appreciate DJO developments.
Many thanks

Hi JLC,

What sync method are you using?

jlc
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Hello
I'm using USB syncing, with companionlink 4.0

Thomas
07-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Hello
I'm using USB syncing, with companionlink 4.0

Hello jlc,

This question was added due to a number of users attempting to Sync multiple handsets with the same profile. Which is not supported and can cause data integrity issues.
Are you syncing your PC with more than one handheld device?
Also, the dev team indicated that this message in DejaOffice could possibly fire if the SDCard was not detected during the last sync attempt?
To the best of your knowledge do either of these conditions apply to you?

Also, what version of CompanionLink are you using. Please include the specific build #
To sync multiple handhelds requires CompanionLink Pro. Are you using the Pro version or a different PIM specific brand?

jlc
07-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi
I'm syncing ONE handheld (a Galaxy S with android 2.2) with TWO computers (vista and windows 7), through USB.
I'm using companionlinnk V.4.0 build 4027. I don't know whether this is a pro version or not. It's a paying version.
I didn't notice any problem with my Sd card so far.
Syncing with both computers has been working well for months. The db is correctly updated on each of the three machines (data added, data modified, data deleted)
Will I have to answer "yes" or "no" next time the device asks "Is this a different device" ?
Thanks

Thomas
07-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi
I'm syncing ONE handheld (a Galaxy S with android 2.2) with TWO computers (vista and windows 7), through USB.
I'm using companionlinnk V.4.0 build 4027. I don't know whether this is a pro version or not. It's a paying version.
I didn't notice any problem with my Sd card so far.
Syncing with both computers has been working well for months. The db is correctly updated on each of the three machines (data added, data modified, data deleted)
Will I have to answer "yes" or "no" next time the device asks "Is this a different device" ?
Thanks

Hi JLC,

If you are confident you have been using the same device the whole time then hit "No". The dev team indicates this should have no affect on your sync and should not prompt again in the future.

jlc
07-28-2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks a lot

Thomas
07-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks a lot

Our pleasure. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.